Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:32 PM
Approved Member

Default Just used this programe as a FPS limiter and stopped my stutters

I have just used this program to limit my FPS and it has helped loads with my stuttering. Say you get an average of say 40 to 50 FPS, then just set the limiter to 38 FPS in Bandicam just couple FPS lower then the lowest FPS. Untick the only when capturing under Bandicam FPS tab so that you can just use it as a FPS limiter. Anyways, it's worked for me and made the game much smoother. Maybe they should add a FPS limiter to the game itself.

http://www.bandicam.com/

Last edited by PotNoodles; 05-07-2012 at 11:50 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotNoodles View Post
I have just used this program to limit my FPS and it has helped loads with my stuttering. Say you get an average of say 40 to 50 FPS, then just set the limiter to 38 FPS in Bandicam just couple FPS lower then the lowest FPS. Untick the only when capturing in Bandicam so that you can just use it as a FPS limiter. Anyways it's worked for me and made the game smoother.

http://www.bandicam.com/
Seconded. I also use this with success.

Limited at 40fps I'm locked at 39.8. You can tell when its on without an fps indicator by watching your prop...it will be a smooth, non-stuttering/erratic animation of the airscrew. Less micro stutters overall.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:04 AM
Approved Member

Did you try this over London at low altitude? I still have with this application working big stutters but I should not call it this way, better call it blockages of a second at fixed points of the city. Otherwise do not use the fps counter it does funny things in the menus.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseispcc View Post
Did you try this over London at low altitude? I still have with this application working big stutters but I should not call it this way, better call it blockages of a second at fixed points of the city. Otherwise do not use the fps counter it does funny things in the menus.
I did try it and do have stutters but what I said was that it helps to make them much less and my gameplay is a lot smoother using this program. I use Trackir and before when I looked around in the cockpit I had stutters all the time where as now I don't have them. This is exactly why they have this FPS limiter in FSX, it's to stop a lot of the stutters and trust me it works. I know over London it may have problems, but that's because the FPS are at their lowest there, but that's no big deal till they hopefully fix the limited FPS over London. Overall the games much better when using this program in my opinion and they should make a FPS an option in like in FSX. To get rid of the menu problem that senseispcc mentions in his post, just untick Overlay FPS under the tab FPS in Bandicam and the game menu is fine then. You will still know Bandicam is working because it will be green in your taskbar once you minimize it.

Last edited by PotNoodles; 05-08-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:40 AM
Approved Member

Edited

Last edited by PotNoodles; 05-08-2012 at 08:49 AM.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:06 AM
Approved Member

I can confirm, that this procedure had a positive effect on my experience with the stuttering and poor framerate.
I was using Dxtory instead of the Bandicam.

With vsync enabled and the fps limited to 40fps, the overall gameplay was smoother, and the stuttering was significantly reduced.
Disabling vsync, with the fps limited to 40fps resulted in the usual screen tearing issues. However, the stuttering was still lower than usual and overall, the gameplay performed slightly better than normal.

A console command to limit the frames would be optimal.

This technique also negates the percieved input lag from controllers when vsync is on. It's not something that's as noticeable in a flight sim, but it's nice to use on twitch shooters like Battlefield 3.

There is a pretty good explanation here for anyone interested:
http://mystrd.at/v-sync-mouse-lag-how-to-fix-it
Old 05-08-2012, 01:26 PM
Approved Member

I used to have a stuttering problem when i was younger.But nobody stutters as good as ol Mel Tillis.

Old 05-08-2012, 01:38 PM
Approved Member

There is a fps limiter built into the settings of RoF, if this is a sucessful way of dealing woth stutters in CoD perhaps the devs should consider doing likewise.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by =FI=Scott View Post
There is a fps limiter built into the settings of RoF, if this is a sucessful way of dealing woth stutters in CoD perhaps the devs should consider doing likewise.
Need some more input from others to see how it's worked for them. it should make an improvement for everyone because the FPS limiter is implemented in a few fight sims now for micro stuttering problems.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:06 PM
Approved Member

Since Vsync locks the upper framerate to refresh rate of the monitor, I wonder if having it on is why I dont have stutters.