Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:22 PM
Approved Member

Default Some nice treats noticed while playing...

I've got the Russian version working quite smoothly on my system, and have been enjoying 3x3 dogfights over the sea. While doing this, I've noticed a few things that have made me grin from ear to ear!
  • condensation forms on the windscreen when diving through clouds, only to slowly evaporate afterwards
  • when opening the pilots window in the HE111, the little windshield extends also
  • the airframe creaks when under stress, as an audible cue
  • noticable flame exhaust flicker and colour change while changing engine mixture settings

I can honestly say that I have really been enjoying myself!

(although the exhaust flame flicker nearly gave me an epi )

BobTuck
Old 03-27-2011, 09:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTuck View Post
I've got the Russian version working quite smoothly on my system, and have been enjoying 3x3 dogfights over the sea. While doing this, I've noticed a few things that have made me grin from ear to ear!
  • condensation forms on the windscreen when diving through clouds, only to slowly evaporate afterwards
  • when opening the pilots window in the HE111, the little windshield extends also
  • the airframe creaks when under stress, as an audible cue
  • noticable flame exhaust flicker and colour change while changing engine mixture settings

I can honestly say that I have really been enjoying myself!

(although the exhaust flame flicker nearly gave me an epi )

BobTuck

What can you tell us about any ground crews for rearming refueling? your thoughts on the sound engine?...some like the sounds, others don't.

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 03-27-2011, 09:27 PM
Approved Member

get in the stuka and frost its canopy...
Old 03-27-2011, 09:56 PM
Approved Member

Hahah, yes, a smiley face, with a hitler moustache!

All that I have seen of ground crew so far was fuel bowsers and ambulances driving around, but I have only been on an airfield in a Tiggy.

Sound-wise, I think it is acceptable to good.

The engines sound much the same as in that leaked Bf109 video, and the gun sounds have impressed me, especially that of 8 brownings at once (in a Hurri) - it really does sound like I would expect it too (and a bit like tearing fabric)

BobTuck.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:03 PM
Approved Member

the whole games a treat
EVGA 660SC (super clocked) 2GB Vram
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT
Old 03-27-2011, 10:15 PM
Approved Member

I noticed that in a hurricane the 8 mgs are covered with fabric, and when you shoot them it tears up And tires can burst And once I god shot up and single flap dropped into "down" position. Lots of nice detail in this sim
Old 03-27-2011, 10:16 PM
Approved Member

Bobtuck: Could you please specify your hardware and resolution/settings please? Did it run smooth from the beginning or have you tweaked alot?
Old 03-27-2011, 10:18 PM
Approved Member

Saw a vid with the 110 rear gunner. When he fired u could see the cartridges in the ammo drum moving.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by svanen View Post
Bobtuck: Could you please specify your hardware and resolution/settings please? Did it run smooth from the beginning or have you tweaked alot?
I turned the resolution down to 1280x800 (16Bit) [from 1680x1050], and turned down trees and grass, but boosted aircraft graphics to max

my system:
core2 quad q6600 (2.4 GHz)
4GB system ram
64 bit Windows 7
GeForce GTX 460
normal 7200rpm HDD

I have since discovered that missions with large numbers of aircraft over land, like campaign missions, do turn into a slide show at points!

BobTuck.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:48 AM
Registered Member

Is there a way I can purchase the russian version? I don't know if I can even play it, I don't read or speak the language lol. Maybe I'll just wait for someone to find a way to remove the epilepsy filter from the western version. It is nice to hear good things about a game we have all been waiting a very long time for, thanks for the comments!