Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-08-2011, 03:07 PM
Sternjaeger

Default AI manouvers

We have had the chance of looking at several videos now, and I noticed that in most of them the AI flight behaviour is still a bit too twitchy: when an aeroplane flies an evasive manouver or makes an abrupt change of direction there doesn't seem to be any smooth coordination, which is the first thing they teach you when flying..

It would be nice to see in the future a less "trigger switch" behaviour from the AI, if anything to get more the impression that you're not flying against a robot
Old 03-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Approved Member

Quick temporary fix: play vs real ppl.
AI will never reach that level of complicacy.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternjaeger View Post
We have had the chance of looking at several videos now, and I noticed that in most of them the AI flight behaviour is still a bit too twitchy: when an aeroplane flies an evasive manouver or makes an abrupt change of direction there doesn't seem to be any smooth coordination, which is the first thing they teach you when flying..

It would be nice to see in the future a less "trigger switch" behaviour from the AI, if anything to get more the impression that you're not flying against a robot

I don't think we can judge the AI characteristics by a bunch of youtube videos.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Sternjaeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnigruH View Post
Quick temporary fix: play vs real ppl.
AI will never reach that level of complicacy.
lol I love your temporary fix, but I believe we can indeed reach that level, and I don't see why it's that complicated..
Old 03-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Sternjaeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfmadmax View Post
I don't think we can judge the AI characteristics by a bunch of youtube videos.
fair enough, although I'm referring to a specific feature that is well visible in the videos and reminds me a lot of what we have with the current AI. But then again it's all WIP
Old 03-08-2011, 04:40 PM
Registered Member

Smile

A lot of BoB era pilots deliberately flew out of trim and crab like to make themselves harder targets. I'm sure you would twitch for real with someone firing explosive rounds at you with the single and focused intent to down your a/c and take your life!