Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:09 AM
Approved Member

Default What is your online story ?? here is mine :)

This forum sometimes end up with alot of negative stuf. To kinda break that im posting my online history and i hope more will follow. We all have a beginning, and from the beginning there is a story all the way up to now. I will tell my bit here.

My online carreer began with CFS1. On a dial up 56K i used a great ammount of money so i could fly with the JG26 who had JG26_Phantom as leader. With them i got some good friends, those i remember is JG26_Phantom. JG26_Goofy. JG26_Hades and JG26_Diggs.

The new game CFS2 came out, and i used more and more time flying that game. There was a server hostet by someone called PACCOM and since they were good sports i used many hours there. Back then the Japanese vs allied pilot ratio was about 2-10. So i normaly flew Japanese and had alot of fun flying as the underdog.

They introduced me to Rogerwilco and for the first time i could talk with those i flew with. PACCOM was a command, and hostet all units both Axis and allied inside. The cool thing was that everyone knew one another and the FFA sessions was more like training sessions for the mission nights. 20-30 people flew around each evening blasting away and then saterday night we flew the campaign mission.

I ended up being recruitet into the PACCOM 6th IJN by a pilot named 6thIJN_Prey4you
They had basic flight training you had to pass before being alowed into the campaign missions. I passed the BFT with flying colours and was ready for my first campaign mission with PACCOM.

Wount use to many words on this, simply to much to tell about, but it was within PACCOM i met my main foe, smudger. Smudger was the highest scoring Allied pilot, and all i was told since i joined the 6thIJN was that i should beware of him.

We met in many many situations, and he is stil the best online pilot i ever have flown with or against. A small thing about him and me was this. If it was known by the others we were in the same area, everyone else would leave and let me and him fight it out, kinda a battle of the best on each side. The respect him and i got was awsome, and looking back at it this was proberbly the most fun time i had flying online, those 2 years in PACCOM with the 6th IJN.

It was with the 6th IJN i met my "wingman" of all times. Akito. Sometimes you fly with one where you dont need to speak, we just knew what the other would do and we ended up being the most feared Japanese wing. It was odd. I loved the zero, he loved the KI-43 but somehow we fell into a teamwork that impressed both us and the rest of the pilots.

In CFS2 our last mission was a slaughter. We shot down 8 Hellcats no losses and then PACCOM ended its days in a cloud of cheats.
Those i remember from those days

Akito (never forgot you bud)
Luny
Prey4you
Hashi
Mamba
Smudger
Gravedigger
Wikki
Warhawk
DL

After the rumble i got my hands in IL2 sturmovik and dumped CFS2. CFS2 was getting imposible, so many cheaters around, and if you had fairly good stats the cheatban was out to hammer you fast.
IL2 sturmovik brought me back into the German planes. I flew with JG26 for abit, but had a hard time, and ended up flying ofline.

The IL2 sturmovik forgotten battles came out. This game transfered alot from CFS2/3 to the IL2 series. Many of the Old friends with PACCOM came around and a new place called JFC was createt.

I was invitet back with the boys and soon i was roaming Kursk campaign with my old CFS2 wingman Akito. Many hours of great fun i had, and when IL2 pacific fighters came out i was soon back in the zero with my m8 Akito right at my wing. Again around 1½ years of great fun, but with most huge communitys, this one also broke apart.

Since then i have roamed HL under another another TAC. Not flying for any specific unit. I followed the game series getting the expansion packs as the came, only flying private servers here at the end.

So here in January 2011 i look back at 10+ years of roaming the skies. From Western europe to Eastern Europe, right down into the pacific. Many of these years have been dedicatet to mr maddox fine games.

With the next one comming out, i might look at getting back into a squadron, getting back into the training and the online campaigns. I began as a luftwaffle fanatic using my money on the 56K modem. Now im a dad with 3 kids, abit slower even gained a few pounds, but im stil a combat flight simmer with all my heart...

special thanks to
Smudger (nemisis since cfs2 and stil is )
Akito (my best wingman ever)
Luny (just a crazy dude i loved talking to and fly with)
DL (yank all the way, but an awsome guy)
Wikki (One of the greatest motivators out there, and stil a close friend HAW! Chief)
Warhawk ( The best admiral i have known online)

CV.
CFS1
Highest scoring German pilot for the unit
CFS 2
PACCOM 6th IJN Basic flight trainer
PACCOM 6th IJN XO
PACCOM 6th IJN CO
PACCOM Axis BFT trainer and advanced combat trainer
PACCOM awarded highest scoring Japanese pilot for main campaign.
IL2 FB:
JFC JG10 Basic flight trainer
JFC JG10 XO
JFC JG10 CO
JFC IL2 FB PF:
JFC 6thIJN Basic flight trainer
JFC 6th IJN XO
JFC 6th IJN CO
JFC JFC Axis high command
JFC awarded for highest scoring japanese pilot in two campaigns.

This is my story, hope someone else will reply with there`s

I sign this with the tac that have ment the most for me

6thIJN_Oiink
aka
LTbear
Old 01-13-2011, 09:24 AM
Approved Member

Remember the SKULLS squadron? I flew with Yanev when he was known as Roshko. I hope he's well, he was quite a character. The Geeyap boys might know what I'm talkin about. Yes I am lookin at you ya big Jesse

Remember Dead Is Dead? It died... and came back to life as Forgotten Wars. I could go on and on...

Last edited by baronWastelan; 01-13-2011 at 09:26 AM.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:30 PM
Approved Member

S!

EAW/Jane's WW2F first, then Aces High and IL-2. Never looked back after discovering online flying Squads I have been in JG26 and after that in Lentolaivue 34.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baronWastelan View Post
Remember the SKULLS squadron? I flew with Yanev when he was known as Roshko. I hope he's well, he was quite a character. The Geeyap boys might know what I'm talkin about. Yes I am lookin at you ya big Jesse

Remember Dead Is Dead? It died... and came back to life as Forgotten Wars. I could go on and on...
I do indeed know of Roshko, the malinguering git that he is!! Apparently he's doing his best these days to blow a trumpet in a kind of jazz-like manner in and around the locale of Copenhagen!
Old 01-14-2011, 04:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by =69.GIAP=TOOZ View Post
I do indeed know of Roshko, the malinguering git that he is!! Apparently he's doing his best these days to blow a trumpet in a kind of jazz-like manner in and around the locale of Copenhagen!
That made my day.

S!

L.Z out
Old 01-14-2011, 09:34 AM
Approved Member

First I started in Warbirds in 1997 at two dollars an hour to play online! I can't remeber my first handle but after a year I was Hackl_ I dabbled a bit in Aces High but not much online. I flew Warbirds until 2000 and I had a good time with it. After that I got into Janes WWII Fighters witch I liked especially it's awesome engine sounds. The only problem was no one seemed to want to fly any missions, just merging dogfights. Then one day in 2000 I say an IL-2 screenshot online of a 109 F2 starting up. I was in love!!! I preordered it from Bluebyte but then something went wrong with that company so then I just went to town and ordered it at the EB.

The demo for IL-2 came out in August 2001. What fun times. A guy named Stigler formed 9./JG52 and I joined up for about a month until I got to know one guy who drove me crazy. I think I've joined about five squads but I can't stand being told what to do. I flew in the D.I.D witch was an online war in old IL-2. You had to email in a mission log report after each mission telling exactly what happened during your flight. I guess nothing was automatically recorded or kept on file. Then after reading all of the reports the administration would tell who had what city and so on because there are no frontline markers in old IL-2. That's dedication ...I think that's how it worked. On busy days I can remember Forgotten Battles would have 1000 players on the Hyperlobby. I'm pretty sure things are going to be busy again with Cliffs Of Dover.

Over the years I went from Hackl_ to Hackl to 9./JG52_Hackl to JG77_Hackl to JG54_Hackl to 10./JG4_Richard to 10./JG3_Richard to II./JG27_Rich witch is mine and I'll stick with it.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:27 AM
Approved Member

I begun my virtual flight career with Microsoft Flight Simulator ~1994 and Chuck Yeagers Air combat. From the moment I could fight the "Abbeville Boys" with their yellow nosed 109s I was hooked on WW2 aviation and especially the german fighters.
When I discovered Air Warrior III in 1997 the flight sim frenzy escalated. I split my time after school with AW3, European Air War, Screaming Deamons over Europe and Jane´s WW2 Fighters. Then I discovered the online possibility in EAW and WW2 fighters. It was like magic; to be able to fight real people from all around the world was heaven. Everything was perfect except my mothers phone bill. :/

All those titles were abandon when I ran into an interview on Combatsim.com about a new title from some obscure russian guy named Oleg. I just saw a screenshot that supposedly showed a russian ground pounder. It was green and ugly on the picture. But from then on my live was all about Il2.....and Counter Strike. I gave up the huge realm of CS when the younger crowd became more numerous. Il2 still had a slightly higher average age.

My IRL friends took off along the road of mainstream; first person shooters, RTS, RPGs and so on. I was all alone in the online sky with my dear Il2. Especially in Sweden, compared to the US and GBR, the interest of WW2 aviation was not that profound. Therefore I had to fly with some great guys 6-8 time zones away to be able to experience real fighter combats with team tactics, which didn't help my studies very much. :/

But then, I think it was 2002 or 2003 I met up with a great guy, Petter_Gul from Sweden that had formed F16, the virtual swedish virtual fighter squadron. So since then I´ve flown with F16 and F19 created by Klunk that helped out with the J8A Gladiator.

When I read your own stories I can really feel and understand the greatness of Il2. So many people can thank Il2 for long term friendship and mutual respect that all those years of flying together has resulted in.

During my whole virtual career I´ve used the call sign Ramrod up until recently when I just used my first name Simon.