Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:10 AM
Approved Member

Default How does sensitivity work?

Question for the devs really. What happens exactly when you alter the sensitivity sliders, do you still get the full range of movement but less around the centre such that surface movement increases exponentially with stick movement? Or does it simply reduce the total amount of surface movement available?
Old 08-06-2009, 06:01 PM
Approved Member

I would be interested in this also after hearing people say I won't be able to turn as well with the lower sensitivity I need to fly.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:22 PM
Approved Member

Yea its the total sensitivity, if you put it down it atleast puts the maximum lower.
So if you put it down a bit its safer to pull on the stick hard, but cant get the max out of the turns.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:51 PM
Approved Member

Even at high speeds, there is a certain amount of stick movement that will cause a stall, so retuning the sensitivity to the point where you cannot use this section of stick travel is not a loss.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Approved Member

Both.
I don't remember exactly, but AFAIR at minimum sensitivity you got about 2\3 from all range.
We had tried to work with full range in any sens value, but tests shows that it is impossible with gamepads to get good enough range without changing maximum.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David603 View Post
Even at high speeds, there is a certain amount of stick movement that will cause a stall, so retuning the sensitivity to the point where you cannot use this section of stick travel is not a loss.
It is very ineteresting to play in virtual cockpit view.
You can see 'stall lines' in it. They shows also that most times you don't need even 1\2 of full range. And much more about planes behaviour and handling