Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 07-06-2009, 11:28 PM
Approved Member

Default Please share cheap pre-orders here....

I noticed Amazon in the uk the other day were taking preorders at UK29.99...I hesitated and lo and behold a few days later up to 39.99 it went.

I thought it might be an idea if people could share good pre-order offers they find in stores or online...Please state country and state/county.

If this is a crap idea just say so and I'll delete this post...
________
Valiant

Last edited by juz1; 02-24-2011 at 07:38 AM.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:47 AM
Approved Member

I pre-ordered it at Gamestop for 49.99 instead of the regular 59.99
Old 07-07-2009, 09:21 AM
Approved Member

yep - play.com did the same -bumped it up from £29.99 to £39.99. knew i should gone for it sooner! at least play, hmv, amazon and game are all showing the same release date now - Sep 4th.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:21 PM
Registered Member

So far, the cheapest pre-order price I've found in the USA for the PS3 version of Il-2 Sturmovik BOP is from Newegg at $46.99 with free shipping.

Last edited by Hineni; 07-07-2009 at 01:35 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:42 PM
Registered Member

I'm kind of waiting to see if there'll be any bonuses or anything from a certain store before I preorder, or a special edition. Have they announced whether there'll be anything like that yet?

Also, unfortunately, I don't think it would have mattered if you'd ordered the game when it was cheaper: Usually for preorders there's some kind of fineprint where they can change the price and make you pay the difference, because for preorders they don't always know what the final price of the game will be yet.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:40 PM
Approved Member

is that right? guess its a deliberate ploy to get ppl to buy early and then slap em with the price hike!

if that had happened to me i woulda cancelled my order and gone elsewhere so as to show i wasnt happy about it!
Old 07-07-2009, 05:22 PM
Approved Member

Anton stated in a thread a while back that preorders do help them and that it can affect what kind of money their marketing decides they can spend. He said it helps them when they have good preorder numbers.
DESODE
Old 07-07-2009, 09:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desode View Post
Anton stated in a thread a while back that preorders do help them and that it can affect what kind of money their marketing decides they can spend. He said it helps them when they have good preorder numbers.
DESODE
Yes, it is indicative.
More for a publisher, of course, but the more pre-order numbers the game have, the better it (usually) will be presented in stores.
Also, there are more marketing things that relies upon pre-order numbers, but I won't go into details - first of all, I am not allowed to, and then - it is not developer's business.
Of course, not everything depends on pre-orders.
But, typically, if there is a lot of preorders, the game is marketed better and more different ways, and sells better, and than there will be DLCs/sequel, etc.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:06 AM
Approved Member

I just pre-ordered from GameStop and noticed that the game had a nice little pre-order bonus...a free IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey T-shirt. Not bad.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post
I just pre-ordered from GameStop and noticed that the game had a nice little pre-order bonus...a free IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey T-shirt. Not bad.
FREAKIN SWEET !! I preordered at gamestop so long ago that I didn't know that !
Thanks for the info Sasquatch !
DESODE