Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 11-06-2012, 03:26 AM
Approved Member

Default The Best Talents for Skald

Since most of the Skald talent line is meh I was thinking of making him more Viking based since I have already beat the game impossible mage no loss.

The only things that look nice from Mind is Power of Spirit,Jarl,Leadership,Edda,Tacitics, and maybe favorite of the gods.

Warriors of Vahalla seems kinda worthless since you don't take losses for most part if you play right.

This would leave lots of wiggle room for Rage focus. And then only need very minmal from magic.

What do you all think? Anyone playing their skald this way atm?
Old 11-06-2012, 06:18 AM
Approved Member

Or would it be better to go Viking route and just take the few Skald skills I need?

Anyone know the difference in leadership between Skald and Viking? Is it a huge amount?
Old 11-06-2012, 06:48 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnyhighway View Post
Or would it be better to go Viking route and just take the few Skald skills I need?

Anyone know the difference in leadership between Skald and Viking? Is it a huge amount?
Viking starts with 200 and Skald start with 250. Soothsayer 150. Viking makes lvl x 1.5 leadership and Skald lvl x 2, Soothsayer makes lvl x 1 ) So at lvl 30 for example, Viking does 450 while Skald 600 and Soothsayer 300. I hope this helps.

I like Skald more then Viking, mostly because I like to get Learning 3 and Scouting 3 fast. With higher leadership then Viking, I think Skald does overall more damage with his units anyways. The downside is that it takes much longer to get the good stuff from the Might Tree (bloodlust)
Old 11-06-2012, 06:50 AM
Approved Member

Thanks for the info do you know if the Skald has an advantage over the Viking for Mind runes on level up? Not sure if this is the same as in other KB games

I was leaning more towards warrior cause I wanna get more out of ranged units cause on the Soothsayer they seemed really worthless dps wise.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:56 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnyhighway View Post
Thanks for the info do you know if the Skald has an advantage over the Viking for Mind runes on level up? Not sure if this is the same as in other KB games

I was leaning more towards warrior cause I wanna get more out of ranged units cause on the Soothsayer they seemed really worthless dps wise.

Viking makes like 7 red, 4 green and 1 blue.
Skald makes like 3 red 6 green and 3 blue.
Sooth makes like 2 red 3 green and 7 blue.

These are averages, the actual amount varies a little. This is the same in all KB games.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:57 AM
Approved Member

Old 11-06-2012, 07:29 AM
Approved Member

Oratory is nice. Why limit your magic, though? You can find a very large number of Magic runes. Just focus on good spells that aren't Intellect-intensive like Pygmy and you should be fine.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevar View Post
Oratory is nice. Why limit your magic, though? You can find a very large number of Magic runes. Just focus on good spells that aren't Intellect-intensive like Pygmy and you should be fine.
Yea this time around I am looking for a super ATT/DEF build. Taking only magic that will Buff not any sort of focus towards direct damage.

The Rage on the Viking is so nice but I will say The amount of morale you can get with Edda and talents for skald does make up some very nice damage

I guess it comes down to if I want Edda vs spell damage reduction and Absolute rage. I wish I could see how Absolute Rage holds up

Last edited by gunnyhighway; 11-06-2012 at 07:37 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:42 AM
Approved Member

Also, a few thoughts on Skald:

Disclaimer: I'm not an expert at this game.

1.) Because of high Leadership and a good Intellect, the Skald can probably make the biggest Phantom stacks in the game.
2.) Because of high Leadership and not-so-difficult access to Creation/Creator, the Skald's summoner units (Dryads, Royal Thorns, et cetera) will make the largest summoned stacks in the game.
3.) Edda is not that great.
4.) With 3 Regalia slots and a Demon Tongue recipe, you can give Demons an extra 30% chance to crit, BEFORE taking into account their morale.
5.) I have often debated whether to pick up the Rage side of the Might tree or the Stats side. I wound up picking Rage because I wanted to see the Rage Skills, but there might be potential in granting stats to your massive army.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:57 AM
Approved Member

Well My first play through on the Soothsayer summoned units were just utter garbage compared to the last installment. So not so pumped about that idea.

I think I am gonna just go with the Viking and Pump the crap out of Def/Atk this turn. The difference between the Skald and Viking isn't that huge. And I am thinking with enough Attack Ranged units might actually be decent enough to bring this time. I really didnt bother with em last time because they damage for how squishy they are didnt seem worth it.