Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 09:17 AM
Approved Member

Default B6/Luthier Request

Please B6/Luthier can you look at making hud information server set?

For example damage information, personally to make it more "realistic" I fly with the damage info off, I fail to see why a person on a full realistic server should be allowed to see what damage they are getting.

This info needs to be controlled/set by the server not the player.

If you can't do this for COD PLEASE do it for the next game.

Thanks.

@Alpha I have already raised this in the request thread I just want to raise the issue again so do not lock this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:16 AM
Approved Member

+1
Old 10-17-2012, 10:30 AM
Approved Member

+2
Old 10-17-2012, 10:46 AM
Approved Member

+3

Alienware Aurora|Win 7 64-bit Home Premium|IC i7-920 Processor (Quad-Core)|14GB DDR3 RAM|1 TB SATA 7200rpm Hard Drive|GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 770 2GB WINDFORCE 3 X fan|Thrustmaster Warthog|Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals,throttle quadrant and Cessna trim wheel|TrackIR4|Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy!
Old 10-17-2012, 11:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
Please B6/Luthier can you look at making hud information a server setting ?
anything that increases choice and options so different users can configure CoD to their personal preference is a good idea, so keeping the feature and making it on/off switchable from the server side is fine...

but

with us receiving our own damage reports, it gives you a more accurate idea of what just happened to the aircraft you are flying. for similar reasons i think it would be a good idea to have some brief exterior look at your own aircraft to inspect it for damage (but not long enough to use it as a cheat for eg). having the server able to prevent that personal information being displayed to the individual player is not a good idea imho. giving each person the ability to switch it on/off for their own aircraft is fine of course.

since we are sitting behind a monitor in our living rooms with very little physical or tactile feedback about the behavior or state of our virtual aircraft, having some visual clues about what is happening also partially makes up for that

if you are talking about receiving damage reports from other aircraft, then yes that should not be the case (i havnt seen that occurring), but when an enemy airplane crashes or lands after being hit during an engagement it is nice to in the end know what happened to it and what and whom brought it down

hope i havnt misunderstood your request
President Dwight D. Eisenhower 1953: Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone, it is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children

Last edited by zapatista; 10-17-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
Please B6/Luthier can you look at making hud information server set?

For example damage information, personally to make it more "realistic" I fly with the damage info off, I fail to see why a person on a full realistic server should be allowed to see what damage they are getting.

This info needs to be controlled/set by the server not the player.

If you can't do this for COD PLEASE do it for the next game.

Thanks.

@Alpha I have already raised this in the request thread I just want to raise the issue again so do not lock this thread.
If its already raised then it will be looked at if its possible to do.

B6 has already stated the cut off point for CoD requests was last week.

If its a bug use the bug report thread please.

Also:

I'm sorry but the horse has already bolted, there's tons of bugs I would like fixed for the bombers and obviously the CooP mode GUI

Its all on deaf ears now for CoD unless otherwise stated.

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 10-17-2012 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Claifying CoD requests stopped last week not the whole series.
Closed Thread