Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 05-10-2008, 06:13 PM
Approved Member

Default gSeat-2 in Action

Hello

Paul Hughes, the inventor of gSeat-2, and I spent a couple of days configuring his gSeat-2 to work with the new FCIProject software.

Here is a short video of what gSeat-2 and the FCIProject software can do;

http://www.ge-tec.co.uk/download/video/Movement.avi

In brief, the seat is being driven by the FCIProject software which takes DeviceLink data from IL2 and converts it into movement data to drive servos. The servos then go onto to drive pneumatic rams.

The feel of the seat is further enhanced by using bass shakers to reproduce aircraft vibration.

A Fresnel lens is used to improve the visual aspect of the simulator.

Please see my forum for more videos. I have been told it takes some time to download the videos. Please be patient.

http://ge-tec.dyndns.org:8080/UKCock...s/list/38.page

This shows what can be done with the DeviceLink telemetry from IL2. This is also a good demonstration of what the FCIProject can do. I have written a custom module for Paul's gSeat. Many modules can be linked to the FCIProject Central Module to drive all sorts of things like simulated instruments, motion platforms or virtual cockpit instruments.

The seat is great fun to use. The movement of the platform really does add an extra level of immersion. Although the bank movement doesn't look a lot the senses are fooled and it feels like one is moving a lot more.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:57 PM
Approved Member

Looks good, but I can't see my wife letting me have it! Is this for commercial sale or are you thinking of it as a teaching aid? Anyway good luck with your seat!

Last edited by Meusli; 05-11-2008 at 12:09 AM.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meusli View Post
Looks good, but I can't see my wife letting me have it! Is this for commercial sale or are you thinking of it as a teaching aid? Anyway good luck with your seat!
gSeat-2 is more of a prototype/concept than a commercial design.

Personally, I would like to take the concept further, but the inventor, Paul, is not interested in making it into a commercial project.

Paul would like anyone interested in gSeat-2 to contact him and he can explain the concept further;

http://www.ge-tec.co.uk/FCIProject/fciproject_018.htm
Old 05-12-2008, 06:15 AM
Approved Member

+1 on the request for better devicelink implementation in BoB, particularly for online use !

one constructive suggestion, the quality of the video files you posted is fairly low, and the audio quality is extremely poor (devicelink demo). for people whom are not familiar with the concept better quality video clips will make it easier to understand the benefits.

very impressive motion platform !
Old 05-12-2008, 10:26 AM
Approved Member

Sorry about the low quality videos. I only have a cheap DV camera

When I get the instruments into a SimPit I will make sure I produce much better videos

You are right, I must showcase my work with DeviceLink much better than I am doing at the moment.