Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:19 PM
Approved Member

Default is il2-CoD using only dual cores or full quad core on intel CPU's

at initial release people were noticing only one or 2 cores were used by CoD on multicore cpu's, and there was no 64 bit exe (i think)

is this still the case ?

would a dual core and quad core intel cpu at the same clock speed really still produce similar performance, or has this been fixed in some of the later patches ?
President Dwight D. Eisenhower 1953: Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone, it is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children
Old 03-01-2012, 07:52 PM
Approved Member

Hi Zapatista,

As far as I have seen, it uses nicely four cores.
Not at 100% though.
At the same time, the higher the GHz, the better it will perform.

Therefore, you have every interest to use CoD on a four core CPU and with the highest overclock possible.

~S~
Old 03-02-2012, 10:10 AM
Approved Member

How do you now that ?
Old 03-02-2012, 10:22 AM
Approved Member

1 core at all the time.

buth at my old quad core and my new i5 2500k

i kow this by suing task manager as monitor in a second monitor.

Also my GPU never goes over 90% usage,
Old 03-02-2012, 10:46 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pupo162 View Post
1 core at all the time.

buth at my old quad core and my new i5 2500k

i kow this by suing task manager as monitor in a second monitor.
yes, this is what i feared/thought, but wasnt sure if one of the more recent patches had fixed this. can anybody else confirm this with some technical information ?

what kind of background prog can be run to record cpu/gpu/ram use during BoB performance ?
President Dwight D. Eisenhower 1953: Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone, it is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children
Old 03-02-2012, 01:15 PM
Approved Member

When i run CoD all six cores are busy, don't know how many cores CoD uses, but for shure more than one.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:41 PM
Approved Member

Me too, all 6 cores show activity, the first showing the most, the rest between 15% and 50%. It's definitely not optimized for it, but many users with only dual cores have complained of performance issues, especially when on higher detail settings. That's proof enough for me. Heard changing the thread configuration in the conf.ini helps for some as well, can't speak to the validity of it though I'm afraid.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:42 PM
Approved Member

I have COD set up to run on five of my six cores and it pushed one core hard (85% to 95%) and the other four don’t work very hard at all (20% to 30%), however other programs are using the others cores as well. I use to set this up thru Radeon Pro and recently just thru Task Manager. There does not appear to be an Affinity Mask line in the conif.ini anymore.

I do think that GRAthos is spot on, the higher the Ghz the faster the game will run (at the moment a faster quad core will run it better than a slower six core CPU). It is very CPU dependent and not very GPU depended on my rig.

JD
AKA_MattE
Intel X25-M 160GB SSD
Mushkin Enhanced Redline 8GB
MSI R7970 OC
ATI Catalyst 12.3
KINGWIN Mach 1 1000W
COOLER MASTER HAF 932

MajorBoris
"Question: Do you forum more than you fly?"

raaaid
"i love it here makes me look normal"
Old 03-02-2012, 04:07 PM
Approved Member

thanks for the further feedback

my fpsec on the dual core i5 are pretty low, might try and push the cpu to a 20% speed increase and see if that helps. replacing it with a quadcore seems premature untill we know what the patch performance is like

will try and locate the prog that you mentioned to see if i can monitor core load during gameplay