Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > FMB, Mission & Campaign builder Discussions

Old 01-01-2012, 06:31 AM
Approved Member

Default Runway splines?

How do you use the concrete/dirt/grass runway splines, so they show-in game, I'm a little confused about how these actually work and the parameter in the runway properties.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:52 AM
Approved Member

CUSTOM BASES
1. Place an airbase & runway where you want.
2. You can specify the runway length & width in the runway properties tab.
3. Runways & splines are independent of each other. So after you've positioned your runway, get a spline and place it along the runway length & specify the spline type.

SPLINES
You use splines to specify the direction of a "pathway". The pathway can be a dirt road, concrete highway, railway track, various types of runways (grass/concrete) or even an "invisible" spline.

1. Select the splines in the FMB & ctrl-LMClick where you want the spline to start, then ctrl-LMClick again where you want the next spline section to be. Splines can have many sections such as winding roadways with many bends. In the case of a runway, you probably want just a start & end point to the spline.

2. Now look between the start & first spline points and you will see two other flags. You can grab & drag these with LMClick, and you will see that they can be used to create curved & funny shaped splines. Position these so the runway is straight (or as straight as you want it to be).

3. Now, select the type of spline you want it to be in the FMB dialog box. Unfortunately, the spline does not show on the FMB screen until you save the mission, so save your mission & you will see your spline on screen.

4. You can reposition the spline as necessary, just remember to resave the mission to see how the repositioned spline looks

EXAMPLE
Here's an expample mission showing a highly modified Lympne airfield in England. Dirt runway has been changed to concrete; another dirt runway changed to grass; roadways positioned between hangars; new grass parking area; cars going along 'invisible road' next to runway; ambulance going along dirt road spline. Dowload HERE

NB - I have notice a 'bug' where splines will sometimes not appear in multiplayer games, a bit like the army flags not showing in the map screen. I find if you back out & reenter the game a second time the splines will appear OK.

Get the latest COD Team Fusion patch info HERE

Last edited by salmo; 01-01-2012 at 07:30 AM.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:56 PM
Registered Member

Hello, I have a problem in the FMB of CoD: After I set a runway with the splines, I define it as e.g. concrete runway. On the Map I see the concrete runway then. Afterwards I save the whole mission and I play it. At the beginning lets say when you are staying ion the runway, starting your engines then I see that there is a concrete runway, but after my mission, when I am approaching for landing then the concrete has gone and there is juat a grass runway left!? I am very confused. Even when I reload the mission - which has been saved with the concrete runway....- the concrete runway has dissappeared!? Can anybody help me here? Thanks a lot!
Old 12-23-2012, 10:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joda View Post
Hello, I have a problem in the FMB of CoD: After I set a runway with the splines, I define it as e.g. concrete runway. On the Map I see the concrete runway then. Afterwards I save the whole mission and I play it. At the beginning lets say when you are staying ion the runway, starting your engines then I see that there is a concrete runway, but after my mission, when I am approaching for landing then the concrete has gone and there is juat a grass runway left!? I am very confused. Even when I reload the mission - which has been saved with the concrete runway....- the concrete runway has dissappeared!? Can anybody help me here? Thanks a lot!
The splines are badly bugged. There don't show up at all in MP missions. I haven't experienced the runway textures being present on takeoff & missing on landing though.

Get the latest COD Team Fusion patch info HERE
Old 12-24-2012, 08:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmo View Post
CUSTOM BASES
1. Place an airbase & runway where you want.
2. You can specify the runway length & width in the runway properties tab.
3. Runways & splines are independent of each other. So after you've positioned your runway, get a spline and place it along the runway length & specify the spline type.

SPLINES
You use splines to specify the direction of a "pathway". The pathway can be a dirt road, concrete highway, railway track, various types of runways (grass/concrete) or even an "invisible" spline.

1. Select the splines in the FMB & ctrl-LMClick where you want the spline to start, then ctrl-LMClick again where you want the next spline section to be. Splines can have many sections such as winding roadways with many bends. In the case of a runway, you probably want just a start & end point to the spline.

2. Now look between the start & first spline points and you will see two other flags. You can grab & drag these with LMClick, and you will see that they can be used to create curved & funny shaped splines. Position these so the runway is straight (or as straight as you want it to be).

3. Now, select the type of spline you want it to be in the FMB dialog box. Unfortunately, the spline does not show on the FMB screen until you save the mission, so save your mission & you will see your spline on screen.

4. You can reposition the spline as necessary, just remember to resave the mission to see how the repositioned spline looks

EXAMPLE
Here's an expample mission showing a highly modified Lympne airfield in England. Dirt runway has been changed to concrete; another dirt runway changed to grass; roadways positioned between hangars; new grass parking area; cars going along 'invisible road' next to runway; ambulance going along dirt road spline. Dowload HERE

NB - I have notice a 'bug' where splines will sometimes not appear in multiplayer games, a bit like the army flags not showing in the map screen. I find if you back out & reenter the game a second time the splines will appear OK.
The splines Salmo refers to above are for vehicles etc to follow a path. But if you want an ai plane to follow a path when it spawns then you need to expand on the spline 0 that is placed
At the right / south end of the runway, when you place the runway on the aerodrome for the first time. Click on the spline 0 so it is active. Select the drop down for Runway points and then click on the map where you want the next paths. In FMB when you are in 3d mode and zoomed in placing the splines, they can disappear. Just zoom in and out a couple of times and click on a spline number u can see till all the splines points you have placed can be seen and you can drag them around.

Actual spawn points for the planes occurs along the radio us line until you place specific spawn points.
Intel i7-2600K
Coursair 16GB (4x 4GB), DDR3-1600MHz
Gainward Nvidia 580GTX 3GB DDR5
850-Watt Modular Power Supply
WIN7 and COD on Gskill SSD 240GB
40" Panasonic LCD
TrackIR5 +
Thrustmaster Warthog stick, throttle & pedals