Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 01-30-2008, 05:52 AM
Approved Member

Default BoB and F6.......

F6 by far is the biggest dividing factor among the masses IMLTHO.....Many who insist on flying locked pit (no externals) would fly with them if F6 was a server switchable option. In kind, many who fly external would be drawn to a no F6 server. It without question, and coupled with the abuse that can be made of it through F2, causes the most grief for players.

Please, in BoB make F6 a server switchable option......It would do wonders for the online sim community.

K2
Old 01-30-2008, 07:23 AM
Approved Member

Excuse my ignorance but; what is F6 and F2?
Old 01-30-2008, 08:37 AM
Approved Member

well, F6 will allow you to go in external view and lock ennemy plane so you can fallow it. F2 will simply put you in external view.
Would be nice to have those options. Personally i like to have externals to take some screens...but dont like F6 too much: but i must admit that is usefull to track ennemy if you dont have trackir...the problem is that you will be eable to track it really far away.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfish View Post
F6 by far is the biggest dividing factor among the masses IMLTHO.....Many who insist on flying locked pit (no externals) would fly with them if F6 was a server switchable option. In kind, many who fly external would be drawn to a no F6 server. It without question, and coupled with the abuse that can be made of it through F2, causes the most grief for players.

Please, in BoB make F6 a server switchable option......It would do wonders for the online sim community.

K2
100% in agreement with this. I can't see a need for F6 anyway (im sure those F6 aces would disagree) but a server side option to disable it would be very welcome.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:16 AM
Approved Member

well..no need is always a question of point of view..sure for hard core all real gamers f6 is a big no...ok personally i think its really handy if you dont have trackir because scanning the sky with joystick hat or mouse or triyng to fallow the ennemy in this way is a little bit frustrating after a bit...so yep i like it. But its true that f6 will erease your chance to escape from you ennemy because he will always eable to track you without loosing you plane....

Last edited by Fighterduck; 01-30-2008 at 09:19 AM.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfish View Post

K2
It's not something that concerns me now as I go closed pit, but I do know that the guys at UKDedicated campaigned for the F6 'off' for years, literally, and it never happened.

One of the things they do over there is B-17 formations, which using externals they can fly, but obviously not bomb accurately with.

Of course this means with externals on, everyone can use F6 to lock a bad-guy and then use the 'sixth sense' to avoid his/her attack.

Along with the F6 being disabled, it should also mean that the red and blue arrows at the screens edge should be switched off when F6 is disabled.

But I'd vote for F6 disable anytime.

Good call, cheers, MP.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:25 AM
Approved Member

Absolutely 100% agree
Old 01-30-2008, 12:06 PM
Approved Member

I think I'll have to aggree, I just don't know what difference it makes at this point. At some level I think, "Hell,the game is broken anyway,either you can trust your opponents or not". On the other hand there is the desire to take away the temptation to 'cheat' a little.

I would certainly like to see the ability to go external while your wheels are on the ground, to help in negotiating busy airfields in locked pits settings.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:08 PM
Approved Member

I often fly with closed pit, but F6 is quite a nice view for video makers, so I'd vote for F6 remaining as an option.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterduck View Post
well..no need is always a question of point of view..sure for hard core all real gamers f6 is a big no...ok personally i think its really handy if you dont have trackir because scanning the sky with joystick hat or mouse or triyng to fallow the ennemy in this way is a little bit frustrating after a bit...so yep i like it.
In itself that is a different issue. In Storm of War they need to have better hatswitch view controls. I don't use trackir and use the hatswitch to view but only after allot of tweaking in FB View Plus.