Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-06-2011, 03:13 PM
Approved Member

Default Prerelease Draft Checklist -Request Assistance

Below is the link to my latest checklists (draft). With the North American release only two more weeks away (yeah, yeah, I know) I need some help to finalize the initial "full" release. Here are some of the items I have open that I would like to resolve before the NA release. Please help me out here.

Intro (White)
1. Artwork for cover page

General Data (Purple)
1. Airspeed data in Tape or ASI format?
2. Review and edit Airstart and Combat Checklist
3. Complete Squadron Data Page

Weapons (Gold)
1. Verify Smoke Trail for ammunition types
2. Decide on keeping personal convergence setting of 170m in Sight Data
3. Verify RAF G MkV Night Tracer "Slow tracer/delayed tracer" action in game
4. Identify Bomb Arm time function in game.
5. Identify "Automatic Dive Delay" of 14 secs in game. Settings refer to charge time, is this delay upon impact or time to arm?
6. Identify and explain Bomb Distributer Controls with diagrams for in game functions by aircraft. What functions are available for each bomb/fuze type and aircraft?
7. Any other Bomb Data required?

Aircraft Op Limits (Blue)
1. Are Hurris and Spits modelled with 87 or 100 Octane Fuel?
2. Further expand on Boost Control Cut Out Operation
3. Are ASI Position Error tables required? Are position errors modeled?
4. Me110 and Ju88 Best Airspeeds for Climb table
5. Missing Temp and Other Data for Ju88

Aircraft Procedures (Green)
1. Verify Procedures are executable in game
2. Write Procedures for Me110, Ju87, and Ju88
3. Verify Procedures result in proper aircraft function/performance in game

If you have comments or suggestions regarding any of these items, please let me know. I want to put cockpit diagrams in but I need to clear some copyright issues first. And I am not proud, if I have screwed something up (made an inadvertent error), please let me know.

I orginally posted these at SimHq, but not getting much feedback. Can you guys help me out?

http://www.2gvsap.org/flea/OP2GvSAPINST_3710.0C.pdf
Old 07-06-2011, 03:46 PM
Ali Fish

well you may not have much feedback because nobody really realises what your doing with this untill you open up the PDF file that is!.

That is some remarkable work you got going there though. very well done so far.

I will certainly make use of this IL2 aircraft operational encyclopedia and provide info if i can. Others around here be best suited to that though. Great work. And i hope many chime in here to help you get this completed. It seems heavily geared towards your squad etc but in reality everyone should have access to what your doing here (not that it isnt) but this is somthing of real value i think.

Its like the "other" half of the manual 1C could/should/would have made.

Last edited by Ali Fish; 07-06-2011 at 03:59 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Approved Member

Default What a fantastic idea ...............

Absolutely brilliant and I think that this should be provided for everyone as well, we'll do our best to help you mate and like I said brilliant and well done with what you have so far!!!!
Old 07-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Approved Member

Outstanding !!!!

Thank You...
Old 07-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Approved Member

Bravo!
Old 07-06-2011, 10:00 PM
Approved Member

Great, great work mate. Well done. You're doing this for free?! Wow, there are still some good people left in the world.

PPP
Intel Core i7 2600 3.4 GHz | 1GB Gainward GTX 460 GS | Corsair 4GB XMS3 PC3-12800 1600MHz (1x4GB) | Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3P B3 (Intel P67) | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 BIT | 600W PSU | 1 TB SATA-II HDD 7200 32MB | 22" Samsung T220 screen.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2GFlea View Post
Here are some of the items I have open that I would like to resolve before the NA release. Please help me out here.
Sorry, I think you should be more specific on what kind of help you need. It is not quite clear from your post.

E.g.
Quote:
Intro (White)
Do you want someone to draw the artwork?
I think if you put your request in a form of questions in stead of list of items people could better understand what kind of input is needed.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:02 AM
Approved Member

As of now you might like to mention that the convergence settings in the plane menu are are reversed (I think) as horizontal affects vertical and vice versa. Not noticable for most people if they are setting both to the same value.

Secondly your sight ajustment page where you have the picture of the two planes is now lacking the "Lethal area" text boxes, these were nice to know.

Lastly do you have information on best sustained turn speed for the aircraft? That is the maintainable speed at which they will make the smallest turning circle?
Old 07-07-2011, 11:43 AM
Approved Member

Fantastic work, can't wait to see the final version. This is exactly what is needed to fill out the game manual. should save a lot of Rolls Royce engines from destruction. Thank you for all your work on this, much appreciated.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:12 PM
Approved Member

First of all, bigtime congrats for putting this together, and more congrats for making it available in a format that people without Excel can read. I remember seeing the earlier version recommended on this forum so I downloaded it but was unable to read it. A pdf is much more accessible, thanks.

Quote:
Intro (White)
Umm... what? Is there a question here? Not sure what you're looking for.

Quote:
General Data (Purple)
3. Complete Squadron Data Page
What's incomplete about it? What are you asking here?

Quote:
Weapons (Gold)
2. Decide on keeping personal convergence setting of 170m in Sight Data
Well you need some range setting for the diagrams to work, and I doubt you want to make separate diagrams for all possible ranges, so 170m is good enough. I think this page only needs to note that 170m is one possible setting among many, and that the GM2 mkII is currently bugged so you have to double the desired range on the selector; that's why your illustration has the selector at 340. This will change if and when that bug is fixed.

Quote:
Aircraft Procedures (Green)
1. Verify Procedures are executable in game
3. Verify Procedures result in proper aircraft function/performance in game
Any particular procedures you're unsure about?

Last edited by White Owl; 07-07-2011 at 12:15 PM.