Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 12-25-2015, 07:46 AM
Approved Member

Default Original IL2 and New Years dog fights

I loaded up IL2 original (pre-1946) the other day as I was annoyed flying a FW 190 a4 in 1946 ( the "community" bitched and they cut the nuts off it)
But had a wonderful 20 minets of dogfights against several AI dudes with no TrackIR or patches/mods,, pure game as the programmers meant for it to be.

Looking for interest in a New Year's Day dogfight in hyper lobby .

Just chime in.
Old 12-26-2015, 01:18 PM
Approved Member

Nice to see you having fun with IL2.

Other people would have to be flying the exact same patch as you to be compatible online, and you failed to mention that.

The original IL2 was not anything prior to IL246, but it was prior to Forgotten Battles, and there is a special room on Hyperlobby for it and usually a server running for the original IL2 patched up to version 1.2.

The last patch for the original IL2, version 1.2, came out in September 2002, and Forgotten Battles came out early in 2003 and it's patches started over again numerically at 1.1, 1.21 etc..

AEP brought Forgotten Battles up to 2.0, then Pacific fighters 3.0 and 4.0. The Pe-2 add-on took it up to 4.05.

Of course before the original IL2 there were two versions of a Demo, and Hyperlobby had a room to fly the IL2 demo at one time. The original IL2 Demo was very, very complete and amazing for a beta flight sim! It came out in August 2001.
Old 12-31-2015, 06:38 AM
Approved Member

4.09m - this is the last official version of the game from 1C:Maddox Games, which was developed by Oleg Maddox team. All future updates developed by Daidalos Team without official developers.

Welcome to 4.09 Fan Club and game server il2.com.ru - Classic Aviation!
Old 12-31-2015, 01:54 PM
Approved Member

I am pretty sure that Oleg handed IL2 over to Daidalos with blessings.

The 190a4 and other variants do just fine. It is probably a sure thing there will not be anyone but you flying 409, there is hardly anyone flying IL2 period at this point.

I think the best and most non-mod server with hard settings still up is Vinni-Puh, but it has never been on Hyperlobby. They do have a nice website and forum up and there are always people on it.

There are very, very few squads flying hard settings and no mods on hyperlobby anymore, but I know at least one very old squad pops up on Friday and Saturday nights for a few hours and runs a non-mod server that has hard settings except for friendly-only icons, and that squad is 352fg, they have been around since IL2 started, I have a track from 2003 where I shoot one of them down....

Everybody else has wimped out or sold out and flies easy settings and mods.