Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 01-31-2011, 08:49 AM
Approved Member

Default Why Pegi 16 rating?

Bit disappointed to see the PEGI 16 rating slapped on CoD. I thought the whole idea of avoiding gore was to keep the rating down and allow sales to kids?

My 8 year old is pretty interested in CoD and while it won't stop me from letting him use it I guess many parents would shy away.

Is anyone else surprised by this?
Old 01-31-2011, 08:55 AM
Approved Member

Does seem a little over the top..

From the PEGI site..

PEGI 16
This rating is applied once the depiction of violence (or sexual activity) reaches a stage that looks the same as would be expected in real life. More extreme bad language, the concept of the use of tobacco and drugs and the depiction of criminal activities can be content of games that are rated 16.

Can't see there being anything in that list except the realistic violence bit..
But that's a bit harsh.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:57 AM
Approved Member

Its the drugs part.

Old 01-31-2011, 09:32 AM
Approved Member

Didn´t you guys see all the weed plants on those screenies? Imagine all the little potheads getting high when they see all that weed all over the sim. They will never come down again!
Old 01-31-2011, 09:37 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutts View Post
Bit disappointed to see the PEGI 16 rating slapped on CoD. I thought the whole idea of avoiding gore was to keep the rating down and allow sales to kids?

My 8 year old is pretty interested in CoD and while it won't stop me from letting him use it I guess many parents would shy away.

Is anyone else surprised by this?
Buddy - you can kill people, and as far as we know their death is somewhat animated - that's not exactly like Conker's Bad Fur Day.

I really hope there is blood, plus less 12year old means less BS in the chat window.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:46 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss View Post
Buddy - you can kill people, and as far as we know their death is somewhat animated - that's not exactly like Conker's Bad Fur Day.

I really hope there is blood, plus less 12year old means less BS in the chat window.

LOL. That's true, but IL2 was the same and that's a 12+. Just thinking of sales that's all.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:48 AM
Approved Member

I don't see that CoD has yet been rated on the PEGI site??

I believe the boxart that was leaked is only a concept and the PEGI 16 was just slapped on for show.

Last edited by Therion_Prime; 01-31-2011 at 09:55 AM.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:57 AM
Approved Member

Yes, could be.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:59 AM
Approved Member

Besides blood splatters would probably mean MORE 12 year old ADHD coke addicts. Despite the PEGI.

They usually do get frustrated within 2 weeks though.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:39 PM
speculum jockey

Probably the same reason IL-2 had it's rating. Guy bails out, you shoot him and he goes limp (dead), Gunner/Pilot gets shot and he goes limp (dead). Only reason it's 16+ is that the guy looks a heck of a lot more realistic than he did in IL-2 so it seems more violent.

Another thing might be people being stafed on the ground, or vehicles/planes exploding. You don't see someone being killed, but you know that's what just happened.

Or it could have just been something tacked on while the rating is pending?