Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 06-26-2010, 04:37 PM
Registered Member

Post Can I modify shooting range of tanks and artillaries?

I think shooting ranges are too short, tanks' shooting range should be more than 500m, while they're less than 200m.

I just want to know how to change it, I just want to enjoy myself.
And can two person play in multiplay mode with same setting of ranges?
Old 06-26-2010, 06:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenthunter View Post
I think shooting ranges are too short, tanks' shooting range should be more than 500m, while they're less than 200m.
because maps are too small.

Quote:
And can two person play in multiplay mode with same setting of ranges?
yes you can.

for more infos about "modding" MoW visit DMS-Forum.

Last edited by [SOE]No.Mam; 06-26-2010 at 06:16 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:55 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Belive me the 150m max ranges on some tanks is more than enough range in this game.....there is a mod......RoW2.9 I think it is, where tanks see and fire all the way across the map....its pretty gay, you die in your DZ without even getting to deploy the unit. Then ive messed around w/ ranges over 150 and I can tell you id not want to be on the reciveing end of my own 170-200m range guns. There is no way to flank or sneak up on stuff that has 200m range and proper infantry cover..basically makes for an invincible tank and a boring game where infantry are useless......Only in COH should infantry be useless=D
Old 06-27-2010, 01:08 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightFandragon View Post
Belive me the 150m max ranges on some tanks is more than enough range in this game.....there is a mod......RoW2.9 I think it is, where tanks see and fire all the way across the map....its pretty gay, you die in your DZ without even getting to deploy the unit. ..........
Thank you for your remind, but how about the Fog? I think tanks cannot shoot without view no matter how far the range is.
I want longer range because I hope the game is realistic.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:05 PM
Approved Member

To change the fog you have to change thier Vision files. But really Tanks dont have good vision to begin with. This game is a combined arms game were you use your infantry to cover and scout ahead for your tanks. No matter the vision of the tank itself if someone else sees another vehicle or something then your tank can shoot it, if its in range. To give your tank good vision just man the AA MG, if the tank has one and use infantry to sit around it and use infantry screens ahead...the tank itself cant really see crap. Also, sitting infantry on the back of the tank as tank riders gives the tank some good side vision haha
Old 06-27-2010, 09:06 PM
Approved Member

I agree more range without biger maps is quite useless. Or somewhat strange at least.

But you really can see that the ranges are as well stupid and ... strange when you have the IS1 or IS2 deflect shoots to the side/flank from a Tiger 1 cause its to far away ... or the Panther beeing almost impossible to penetrate from the side by the 85mm when already the 76mm should do the job here on pretty much the max distance. I know the one or other might think its unfair. But its already hard enough to flank in this game. And nothing is worse then to see your shoot hit the tank, see smoke where it got hit but the shoot actualy doing nothing cause the distance was to big. Acuracy is one thing and I dont complain that a T34 has bad accuracy (as it was that way in real) but IF you hit the side of a Panther for example, it should penetrate and do damage. Same for the Tiger 1 when it hits the IS1 for example.

So it would be nice if some of the ranges could be reworked. A few other things are quite strange as well. Like how the Panzer IV H can destroy the T34/76 on quite big ranges but has sometimes issues with the hull of the T34/85 when they basicaly share the same armor values ...
Old 06-28-2010, 03:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crni vuk View Post
I agree more range without biger maps is quite useless. Or somewhat strange at least.

But you really can see that the ranges are as well stupid and ... strange when you have the IS1 or IS2 deflect shoots to the side/flank from a Tiger 1 cause its to far away ... or the Panther beeing almost impossible to penetrate from the side by the 85mm when already the 76mm should do the job here on pretty much the max distance. I know the one or other might think its unfair. But its already hard enough to flank in this game. And nothing is worse then to see your shoot hit the tank, see smoke where it got hit but the shoot actualy doing nothing cause the distance was to big. Acuracy is one thing and I dont complain that a T34 has bad accuracy (as it was that way in real) but IF you hit the side of a Panther for example, it should penetrate and do damage. Same for the Tiger 1 when it hits the IS1 for example.

So it would be nice if some of the ranges could be reworked. A few other things are quite strange as well. Like how the Panzer IV H can destroy the T34/76 on quite big ranges but has sometimes issues with the hull of the T34/85 when they basicaly share the same armor values ...
All that is basically my problem with this game....you have alot of range but cant kill anything anywho. I have figured out how to fix that though. in the 50cal weapon file...its weapon penetration numbers line..i use that for my Tank gun penetration numbers. it allows me to, for example put in 70m 120penetration. then in game it will be 120p at 70m.....thats what i was trying to do all along. The awnser to my gun penetration problems slapped me in the face everytime I looked at the 50cal or 20mm and I just ignored it till nto to long ago when I got experimental haha...it works marvelously instead of that a (250) b(225)....yeah right....now its [10 (250)] [50 (225)] =D or something like that. its awesome