Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:58 PM
Approved Member

Default Experience dependent upon army size?

I did a brief search and I couldn't find what I was looking for. Basically, does the formula for experience contain any variables for the size of Amelie's army?
Let's say Amelie has a leadership of 2K and goes to battle with a single Cyclops against a mob with a leadership of 5K. Would her experience gain be any different if she battled the same mob with her Cyclops and a stack of Inquisitors and a stack of Archmagi?
I would assume that experience is based at least upon enemy strength, but I don't know if it depends at all upon active army strength for the hero.
If I weren't at work I would check it out.
Anyone know?
Old 01-20-2010, 10:31 PM
Approved Member

I am almost positive that experience for combats is a fixed value depending on the 'level' of the opponent. So a level 1 opponent will yield the same XP no matter what your army, and no matter if the random army generator made it slightly bigger or smaller.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:51 PM
Approved Member

I'm almost certain as well. I beat Fangol with a stack of Black Knights (111), but lost 1 right in the end (got way too overconfident while mopping up the treasure chests and was left without rage and insufficient mana for lvl 1 evlin). Then I decided to do it with 2 stacks - the Black Dragons (6) and the Black Knights (111). In both cases I got the same amount of experience.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:23 PM
Approved Member

It would have to be or my Amelie would be like Level 100 with all the 1-troll fights she won...
Old 01-20-2010, 11:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemjinGold View Post
It would have to be or my Amelie would be like Level 100 with all the 1-troll fights she won...
Thanks for the responses. So, other than ease of management/control, there is no advantage score-wise to a smaller force.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:21 AM
Approved Member

I think there was a correlation between your own leadership vs. enemy leadership for offensive pet dragon abilitites, though. If you have less leadership, the dragon takes "more decisive action" and gains more xp when killing enemies, or something like that. However, I'm not certain about that and I can't confirm it now because I use the pet dragon for digging and spamming mana accelerators for the mage...
Old 01-21-2010, 12:26 AM
Approved Member

I'm pretty sure that's true as my dragon is 10+ levels higher than my character at one point and I only had training 1.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDobrev View Post
I think there was a correlation between your own leadership vs. enemy leadership for offensive pet dragon abilitites, though. If you have less leadership, the dragon takes "more decisive action" and gains more xp when killing enemies, or something like that. However, I'm not certain about that and I can't confirm it now because I use the pet dragon for digging and spamming mana accelerators for the mage...
Dragon experience is calculated based on the ability used (each ability has difference exp potential) in conjunction with a multiplier determined by a ratio of your army leadership value to enemy leadership value, at the time the ability is used.

There's no affect on whether it kills something or not (though some of the damaging abilities are the highest experience potential ones).

There's a thread for it somewhere in the dragon ability subforum.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:11 AM
Approved Member

Yeah, dragon xp is a strict scalar of your total leadership over the enemies. Fight a victorious battle with a single peasant, and you would get the most possible dragon experience.

There is also a tapering off when using the same ability more than once in a combat though, which I don't recall if I ever figured out exactly.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:43 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsportsfan View Post
I did a brief search and I couldn't find what I was looking for. Basically, does the formula for experience contain any variables for the size of Amelie's army?
Let's say Amelie has a leadership of 2K and goes to battle with a single Cyclops against a mob with a leadership of 5K. Would her experience gain be any different if she battled the same mob with her Cyclops and a stack of Inquisitors and a stack of Archmagi?
I would assume that experience is based at least upon enemy strength, but I don't know if it depends at all upon active army strength for the hero.
If I weren't at work I would check it out.
Anyone know?
IN KB:TL the experience depends on your losses too. if you lose 0 you get less exp than you would get if you had lost many troops (the amount of extra exp. is not worth by the way). but in KB:AP it doesn't seem the same.