Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Tactics discussions and solutions

Tactics discussions and solutions All you need to win the battle.

Old 11-24-2009, 12:52 PM
Approved Member

Default Undead Warrior no losses?

I am not done yet with my mage but I'm thinking about starting an UD warrior and trying to go with no losses on hard. Any of you guys tried it/think it's plausible? I was thinking about the composition of the best 5 undead units with a black dragon stack.

Thoughts?
Old 11-24-2009, 01:02 PM
Approved Member

I have many good undead items whole vampire set and many others and i cuold benefit much from it but how to keep undead with no losses? vampire can heal .. but rest >> single fire arrow and no loss is screwed .. and whole army of units which cant be ressed not realy sounds like a no loss army.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:04 PM
Approved Member

I haven't really bothered much with UD in the previous game, and seeing how there were some new spells and rebalances in KBAP I thought that there may have been a spell/unit that ressurects undead?
Old 11-24-2009, 01:13 PM
Approved Member

The demonologists can do that, but do not except much from it. Sacrifice will also work, provided you have a high-health unit to sacrifice without killing it.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:22 PM
Approved Member

So I guess bone dragons with lvl 1 sacrifice? In KBTL I used to go around with a bunch of demoness and charm+sacrifice enemies to oblivion, but that was pretty abusive so they might have fixed it.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:29 PM
Approved Member

Hmm, I wouldn't use bone dragons, since you can't heal them. That I would use is Tirexes. They can eat a dead body and regain their full HP, and when they kill an enemy, they eat it up (unless it is a plant, machanical, undead, etc.) and restore their HP. However, mixing a high-HP unit in an undead army will result in certain morale penalties for the Tirex (-1, Low).

However, I think you may try that with red dragons. The Red Dragon has 870 HP, and can survive a lvl 1 sacrifice. Then you can heal them up. As for the charm-sacrifice, I think it still works. Hypnosis-sacrifice should also work.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDobrev View Post
Hmm, I wouldn't use bone dragons, since you can't heal them. That I would use is Tirexes. They can eat a dead body and regain their full HP, and when they kill an enemy, they eat it up (unless it is a plant, machanical, undead, etc.) and restore their HP. However, mixing a high-HP unit in an undead army will result in certain morale penalties for the Tirex (-1, Low).

However, I think you may try that with red dragons. The Red Dragon has 870 HP, and can survive a lvl 1 sacrifice. Then you can heal them up. As for the charm-sacrifice, I think it still works. Hypnosis-sacrifice should also work.
Wow, seems like the game is really rigged against undead. Yea I also used hypnotize + sacrifice but since I was considering to go with a warrior I take it I won't have so much mana for that kind of stunt.

I guess you could also sacrifice ancient vampires? It does seem risky though..
Old 11-24-2009, 01:39 PM
Approved Member

Sure you can You can also sacrifice the Cursed Ghosts, as both of them recover their lost troops when attacking. However, you never know when a unit will get above its max leadership and if it goes out of control, it can do more damage to you than the enemy So you're right that it's risky. Still, it is easily settled by a quick "heal" to remove that extra unit or two.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:45 PM
Approved Member

Yeah.. I am a bit undecided. I'll go through the unit and spell stats.. can't believe they haven't incorporated a hero spell that revives undead..

edit: there DOES appear to be an undead-healing spell in the destruction school, at least from what I can understand. I can't understand much of it, the icon is purple/black and it does damage to living stacks and heals undead.

Last edited by Infiltrator; 11-24-2009 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDobrev View Post
Sure you can You can also sacrifice the Cursed Ghosts, as both of them recover their lost troops when attacking. However, you never know when a unit will get above its max leadership and if it goes out of control, it can do more damage to you than the enemy So you're right that it's risky. Still, it is easily settled by a quick "heal" to remove that extra unit or two.
I've often thought about trying an undead hero in KBTL but I just never got around to it, and I was really hoping to try it in AP perhaps. Maybe not right away with no losses but we'll see as I only like to play games on the hardest difficulty =)
However regarding your post, are you saying that life draining units (cursed ghosts, ancient vampires) can create new units above your leadership? I always thought they would just heal back up to however many you came into the battle with, like in the HOMM games (minus the rigged ghosts in HOMM2, peasant feast!)