Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 10-11-2009, 04:30 PM
Global Moderator

Thumbs up IL2 is entering a new life cycle

If you are an "old salt" that has been using IL2 since 1.0 you will certainly remember all the whiners on the Ubisoft boards between patch releases over the years. I always hated that, because I knew everytime Oleg released a patch it was ALWAYS more than I had anticipated.

The TD is now doing what everyone has been asking and longing for. They have completed and released a final 4.09 and now they are moving onward with further releases to IL2.

I can tell you from experience when people rag on you and malign your efforts all you want to do is walk away. We all know this great old sim still has enormous potential and we should only think to provide an upbeat environment with a friendly acceptance for all improvements.

We want to stimulate a more upbeat environment around here, there are alot of exciting things going on with Il2. I am excited to read all the "Yes we can do that" on the TD thread.

The 4.09 is a new beginning for us all, because Oleg is behind the TD efforts and encouraging them. TD is already working on improvements that deal with the core IL2 programming, this is huge.

Everyone of us should feel good about IL2 things, because this great old sim is getting a transfusion of new blood, new ideas, and improvements. Think about all the good stuff that has already been coming our way, make a request to TD, join with those of us who are excited and positive about this great sim.

Look around, read the forums look at what is forthcoming for those of us who enjoy this great hobby. IL2 is it, that's the facts. Forgotten Battles is still enjoying extremely high popularity ONLINE. The IL2 forums are still the most popular boards all over the web.

It would cost a literal fortune to start a company to develop an air combat flight sim that wouldn't come close to the quality of what we already have in IL2. The future for IL2 is great with all the modifications planned and in the works from TD.

There are a preponderance of reasons to feel good about the future of IL2.

Last edited by nearmiss; 10-12-2009 at 03:40 AM.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:33 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmiss View Post
There are a preponderance of reasons to feel good about the future of IL2.
Could not agree more! I want to upgrade now...for Il-2 not just SOW!!
Old 10-11-2009, 04:50 PM
Registered Member

nearmiss - you could not have put it better. A remarkable and durable achievement. Yep, I remember the whiners but I also remember my very first successful landing in a Sturmovik - magic moment for an old geezer who always dreamt of flying but went sailing instead

I'm salivating thinking about the possibilities with 4.09 onward, once I get my graphics cards replaced, anyway. A fried GPU is not a happy GPU.

Thanks so much to Team Daedelos and Oleg's vision.

I also have a 'minority request'. Over the years, might it be possible in either IL2 or SOW to follow the between wars development era? A Dragon Rapide, a Hawker Hart for instance?
Old 10-11-2009, 08:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I am excited to read all the "Yes we can do that" on the TD thread.
+1

I've been flamed and bashed, named a brown-nose and alike, for my anti-whining posts, but I never ever thought for a second that OM really has forgotten about his fans, that he abandoned IL2 or BoB.

And I never understood the logic, how whining and bashing Oleg could improve the game, speed up development time or increase popularity of a game.

So, I'm very glad DT picked up the baton and give Oleg time to concentrate on SoW and I'm also glad to see life is coming back. Definitely looking forward to the future of both titles!
Old 10-11-2009, 09:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feuerfalke View Post
+1

I've been flamed and bashed, named a brown-nose and alike, for my anti-whining posts, but I never ever thought for a second that OM really has forgotten about his fans, that he abandoned IL2 or BoB.

And I never understood the logic, how whining and bashing Oleg could improve the game, speed up development time or increase popularity of a game.

So, I'm very glad DT picked up the baton and give Oleg time to concentrate on SoW and I'm also glad to see life is coming back. Definitely looking forward to the future of both titles!

Same here! the future appears very bright...If I knew more about the man I would give him his own Wikipedia page, he sure deserves it

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 10-11-2009, 11:31 PM
Approved Member

I whine all the time, but in the BOP forum because they should have simply updated the graphics and ported 1946 intact.

Just reminds me how well done 1946 is. I have BOP on PS3 and it looks FANTASTIC, but I'm probably playing 1946 twice as much.

This old game still kicks butt.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:16 AM
Registered Member

For me, i would like to see the day that we can enjoy epic 200-300 player air battles over a larger map.

Until then, i can only wait in anticipation.

Bill
Old 10-15-2009, 10:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billswagger View Post
For me, i would like to see the day that we can enjoy epic 200-300 player air battles over a larger map.

Until then, i can only wait in anticipation.

Bill
I wonder what type of connection could handle so much traffic
Old 10-15-2009, 11:15 AM
Approved Member

It's amazing to think where IL2 is now. Old salts will remember receiving email updates from Oleg prior to the release of IL2. Though I've been away from the game for a while I still am a fan. I'll get back into it one day for sure. If TD can rework the code then the sky's the limit.

I wonder if we'll see the Grumman Bearcat or the Spit14 any time soon? I wonder if the coding will be implemented to run IL2 on multiple cores? DX10 (11) implementation? Over it's lifetime, why not? Lots of potential to feel good about with this sim.
Flyby out
Old 10-15-2009, 01:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feuerfalke View Post
+1

+2