Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:02 PM
Approved Member

Smile so.. hi everyone.

Well, as you can tell by my meager Post count i am new here. kinda just wanted to introduce myself. i just got this game about a week ago and love it so far. currently playing the single player on 360, Arcade, using the Saitek Flight stick. well this weekend i went to play it online and there werent a whole lot of people playing. (it was very late) i was just wondering when do most of you guys play online? and what difficulty and system. i'm sure i'll get my butt kicked but i wouldnt mind getting on with some people one of these days.

Also, i heard rumors that they are going to be adding Customizable Controls which i could use for the flight stick, any one know about that?
Old 10-06-2009, 10:06 PM
Approved Member

welcome, feel free to add House MD 221B on XBL and ill give you a game whenever I'm on, I usually play realistic or simulator, and would be happy to act as a drone to let you get some practice if you would like. The more R and S players the better
Old 10-06-2009, 10:09 PM
Approved Member

Welcome to the forums =]

Theres a good mix of people here that play all of the game modes, but one thing that i think is fairly universal is everyone looks at arcade as the weakest side of the game...without the immense physics and realism this game may aswell have been a DLC title...talk to some of the guys and try and get in on a little realistic action, then move onto sim

What system are you using? Anyways i think you'll find most of the people here really easy going, and its easily the most welcoming forum ive ever found.

Happy hunting xD
Old 10-06-2009, 10:10 PM
Approved Member

Watch out for house though hes a serial sex pest and likes to talk about his genital herpies over xbox live.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:18 PM
Approved Member

They cleared right up with that "Cream", who'd of thought THAT comes from a sheep!
Old 10-06-2009, 10:23 PM
Approved Member

When you are on line, add me if you wish.. I play allot of strike and capture the airfield matches... some days, it is slow, others there are allot of battles going on. I play in archade, and realistic mostly, prefer realistic, but lately, been trying to practice sim because i would like to start doing some of that. the only problem is, when I start a realistic match, many people drop out because they only want to do archade.. that kinda sucks, but it is even worse if you start a sim match..
Old 10-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Approved Member

feel free to add one some of the 202nd Tudorp, we'll gladly play Sim with you, thats what we mostly play tbh.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:29 PM
Approved Member

ha, yeah people here seem friendly. i could def see people looking at arcade as the weakest link in the game. my idea was to beat through it on arcade and move up. i tried the realistic tutorial and even that was tough for me. especally the stalling, i couldnt seem to pull out of a spin. i would definitely like to eventually move up to Realistic. maaaaaaaaybe Sim, but i'll worry about that at another time lol.
so when you guys play can you generally get full rooms or what, the most ive ever had was 3-3 with a guy leaving like 30 seconds in.

i kind of wish they made it like CoD where you can just join on the fly.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:34 PM
Approved Member

tip for stalling, while you're starting out...

Move your aileron and elevator sensitivities ALL the Way to the right

then move BOTH sensitivities 11 clicks to the left. then unless you're overly rough you shouldn't spin.

as for escaping spins once you're in them, push DOWN and the OPPOSITE way with both rudder and ailerons.

hope to see you online and I can help you practice if you like.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywinner View Post
i kind of wish they made it like CoD where you can just join on the fly.
He's a funny man...