Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:02 AM
Approved Member

Default Alternatives to the Collector Edition Contents

Hi,

With the Collectors Edition looking like it's not going to be put into production I think it would be interesting to compile a list of possible alternatives to the material.

Heres a basic start, feel free to post alternatives for Charts, Pilots notes etc

Software - digital download from Ubisoft

MK II Spitfire pilot notes ( http://www.zenoswarbirdvideos.com/Spitfire2_Manual.html ) (can anyone find a MKI notes????)

Cheers!
Old 03-03-2011, 06:12 AM
Approved Member

Pick one from here if you can be bothered to register. Plenty to see. Crecy sell reproductions of Air Ministry Pilot's Notes here for £6 also.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger View Post
(can anyone find a MKI notes????)
I've never found one, to me this is the main reason to get the Collector's Edition. I'm still confident that the CE will be released in Germany.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:41 AM
Approved Member

Mate,

Great minds! its crazy... i was just logging on here to post about somthing similar to this, i was thinking about calling it the "Community Edition"

Creating a box filled with the following contents:

1) Spitfire pilots handbook
2) Spitfire 2 pilot notes
3) spitfire pilots and ground crew notes
4) Map (trying to find an actual BoB map)

the spitfire 1 pilots notes is hard to find, but the 1940 manual is available as a reprint. The RAF museum in the UK might have it, if someone in the UK can check up on this.

i was thinking about bulk sourcing a printer to reprint if we a digital copy, or buying actual reprints from the RAF museum at a lower price if people want physical copies. Links to the electronic documents are great too! obviously easier and cheaper, but i like the physical copies.

maybe we can all kick this idea around a little bit more, cant think of a better thing to have on my shelf to remind me what makde il2 so great - community pitching in!

Last edited by dash2099; 03-03-2011 at 06:44 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:56 AM
Approved Member

1) 1 250lb bomb
2) 1 parachute
3) A blow up autopilot from Airplane!

Tho I'd be happy with the original contet they planned.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:47 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash2099 View Post
the spitfire 1 pilots notes is hard to find, but the 1940 manual is available as a reprint. The RAF museum in the UK might have it, if someone in the UK can check up on this.
Are you refering to this? This is not a real manual, it's a compilation of several documents:
- Spitfire II Pilot's Notes
- more than 40 pages of introduction by the Author.
- extracts of a Pilot log book (from Johnnie Johnson, Britain's best fighter pilot).
- examples of Pilot combat reports (still from J. Johnson).
- 4 WW2 manuals:
1. Forget-me-nots for fighters
2. General notes on air gunnery and air fighting
3. Bag the hun!
4. Warplanes: card game for aircraft spotters.

Sure a nice compilation, but no Spitfire I Pilot's Notes included
Old 03-03-2011, 08:43 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger View Post
Hi,

With the Collectors Edition looking like it's not going to be put into production ...

Uhh? Any solid info on that or this is just a rumor-amplification-device conclusion?
Old 03-03-2011, 09:18 AM
Approved Member

Seems reliable. At least one game retailer that is cancelling its pre orders is informing customers that the CE version is cancelled due to "production problems". One of the active threads here has the refund-letter quoted.

Probably the problem is that the contents were a half arsed idea that couldn't be made cheaply enough. Specifically the faux escape map. Imagine trying to cost effectively print an area about eight times the size of the Rise of Flight map onto fabric at a half decent resolution. I'll bet you anything they couldn't manage that for a viable price.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered_IV View Post
Seems reliable. At least one game retailer that is cancelling its pre orders is informing customers that the CE version is cancelled due to "production problems". One of the active threads here has the refund-letter quoted.
OK, one game retailer is cancelling orders for the CE but others are sending emails advertising for it (received today an email from amazon).
And it's still available at Ubishop here....

Could be that the CE is not sent to that particular retailer you're mentionning or this retailer's country.

So, no, doesn't seem much reliable to me.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash2099 View Post
Mate,

Great minds! its crazy... i was just logging on here to post about somthing similar to this, i was thinking about calling it the "Community Edition"

Creating a box filled with the following contents:

1) Spitfire pilots handbook
2) Spitfire 2 pilot notes
3) spitfire pilots and ground crew notes
4) Map (trying to find an actual BoB map)

i was thinking about bulk sourcing a printer to reprint if we a digital copy, or buying actual reprints from the RAF museum at a lower price if people want physical copies. Links to the electronic documents are great too! obviously easier and cheaper, but i like the physical copies.

maybe we can all kick this idea around a little bit more, cant think of a better thing to have on my shelf to remind me what makde il2 so great - community pitching in!
I've just performed a search through the National Archives Catalogue based in Kew and I think I may of found pilot's notes for the Spitfire Mk.I. The piece reference number is AIR 10/2380 and the former reference is AP No. 1565A

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/c...&CATID=4135263

I think a trip to Kew may be in order for me.

Last edited by Moggy; 03-03-2011 at 09:36 AM.