Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:56 AM
Approved Member

Talking Keeping IL2 Interesting while Waiting for CLOD :)

I have been reading a lot of people saying that Since they saw what CLOD was capable of (even though its not there yet) they just cant play IL2 Classic any more so i thought this might be an appropriate post for in here

I know this is old news for most you your hard core guys but in case there are others out there who loved IL2 1946 and its predecessors but have lost interest while waiting for the potential in CLOD to come around I wanted to share what I recently found.

I was never really a mod guy until the last year or so getting some great campaign additions from Mission4today (thanks to all you great modders out there by the way) but never went big......until that is i started seeing IL2 movies on youtube and such that had better graphics better sound and all the planes i wish i could have flown but couldn't. I guess there are a few big mods out there that do this but the only one i used was Ultra Pack 3.0

I wont post there site or anything on here because i am not sure if its allowed but if you do some searches you will find it.

Any way I just wanted to share that it has really almost made the original IL2 46 a whole new game for me New FM on almost all planes, new available campaigns like level bombing campaigns in B-24's, B-17's, and made flyable all the really cool planes that i always wanted to fly on IL2 but couldn't.

Some of the cockpits are used over again but very few that i have found so far and most have been either re done or made from scratch and I am very impressed at how presentable they are.

Finding this mod, thanks to someone on this site mentioning it in a post has been just incredible for me and has really brought me back around.

I find myself playing for hours and hours again like before we knew that WW2 Sim graphics could get better (damnnnnn youuuuu CLOOOOOOOD)

Oh yea and a ton of the sounds have been re worked as well making an over improvement across the board in my opinion. For me this has been the biggest immersion boost and it just really pulls me right into the cockpit with the cool new engine sounds and how each engine and gun type sounds so much better (at least to my ears) I Led a flight of Lancasters on a night raid yesterday and i was ALL TEETH from wheels up to wheels down. Just awesome

Any way if you are one of those guys that LOVE IL2 like me and have found it leaving you unconsoled while waiting for CLOD to come around than this might be rite up your alley.

it is a bit of a chore to get installed correctly and use if you have never used mods before but if you have its really no more difficult then any of the others.

Sorry if this is Illegal or if it stirs up all kinds of hate mail as that was not my intention just thought I would share something positive that happened to me in case it may help others to have more fun with there IL2 classic while our hopes for CLOD's future continue.

Cheers all
Old 06-27-2011, 03:25 AM
Approved Member

nice post m8, IL2 is still good and will be for some time, especially when it is 10 bucks and you get one of you FPS m8's to give it a try....and now there hooked

S!
EVGA 660SC (super clocked) 2GB Vram
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT
Old 06-27-2011, 03:38 AM
Approved Member

Il-2 46 is unbeatable for online. But I don't play online any more. I'm much more interested in dealing with all the A/C systems, seeing all the switches, guages and gadgets operage like in a real one. Just playing with the Ju 88 today with no enemy in sight kept me entertained for over an hour today. CloD is perfect for weirdos like me for whom the shooting and blowing stuff up is secondary at best.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:10 PM
Approved Member

Just FYI, there a IL-2 MOD forum here in 1c:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=201

Sokol1
Old 06-27-2011, 08:02 PM
Approved Member

Default Thanks

Your post made me reinstall il2 and download ultrapack which I'll install today. Thanks for reminding me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan21cag View Post
I have been reading a lot of people saying that Since they saw what CLOD was capable of (even though its not there yet) they just cant play IL2 Classic any more so i thought this might be an appropriate post for in here

I know this is old news for most you your hard core guys but in case there are others out there who loved IL2 1946 and its predecessors but have lost interest while waiting for the potential in CLOD to come around I wanted to share what I recently found.

I was never really a mod guy until the last year or so getting some great campaign additions from Mission4today (thanks to all you great modders out there by the way) but never went big......until that is i started seeing IL2 movies on youtube and such that had better graphics better sound and all the planes i wish i could have flown but couldn't. I guess there are a few big mods out there that do this but the only one i used was Ultra Pack 3.0

I wont post there site or anything on here because i am not sure if its allowed but if you do some searches you will find it.

Any way I just wanted to share that it has really almost made the original IL2 46 a whole new game for me New FM on almost all planes, new available campaigns like level bombing campaigns in B-24's, B-17's, and made flyable all the really cool planes that i always wanted to fly on IL2 but couldn't.

Some of the cockpits are used over again but very few that i have found so far and most have been either re done or made from scratch and I am very impressed at how presentable they are.

Finding this mod, thanks to someone on this site mentioning it in a post has been just incredible for me and has really brought me back around.

I find myself playing for hours and hours again like before we knew that WW2 Sim graphics could get better (damnnnnn youuuuu CLOOOOOOOD)

Oh yea and a ton of the sounds have been re worked as well making an over improvement across the board in my opinion. For me this has been the biggest immersion boost and it just really pulls me right into the cockpit with the cool new engine sounds and how each engine and gun type sounds so much better (at least to my ears) I Led a flight of Lancasters on a night raid yesterday and i was ALL TEETH from wheels up to wheels down. Just awesome

Any way if you are one of those guys that LOVE IL2 like me and have found it leaving you unconsoled while waiting for CLOD to come around than this might be rite up your alley.

it is a bit of a chore to get installed correctly and use if you have never used mods before but if you have its really no more difficult then any of the others.

Sorry if this is Illegal or if it stirs up all kinds of hate mail as that was not my intention just thought I would share something positive that happened to me in case it may help others to have more fun with there IL2 classic while our hopes for CLOD's future continue.

Cheers all
Old 06-28-2011, 03:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancerr View Post
Your post made me reinstall il2 and download ultrapack which I'll install today. Thanks for reminding me.
SWEET that was my intention mission accomplished lol

yea sorry I know there is a mod forum but I was trying to get this post to as many people possible and most people are just watching the main forum folder for patch updates and nothing more. It was my attempt to try and reach the last 30-40 people watching the forums at any one time these days it has been pretty barren of late

Cheers