Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Performance threads

Performance threads All discussions about CoD performnce

Old 06-15-2012, 04:15 PM
Registered Member

Default Video Memory

I'm going to buy video card and tinking in buying gtx 560ti or 570
I am using DELL ips monitor with 1680x1050 resolution. I found that some people say that for now game uses a lot of video memory. All i want is to reduse stuttering. What is better to but in your opinion, gtx 560ti 1024 enough or 2048mb version is better?
What will you choose for this game 560 ti with 2048mb or 570 1280mb?

Last edited by Jonik; 06-15-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:07 PM
Approved Member

Go with the 2 gig on vid card. also make sure you have enough ram (bare min of 6 or An what op are you using , Win 7 64 bit ,will also help you out
Old 06-15-2012, 07:21 PM
Approved Member

I would choose a GTX570 with 2,5Gb VRAM....

Do not look at anything less than 2Gb VRAM.

Also, why are you in a hurry to buy? The game is not finished (a good patch is meant by that) and nobody has seen a well running version yet.

So, in your case I would hold on with any HW buy as long as possible.

The thinking behind such a decision is that the GTX 560/570 series is old generation.
In September the real high end cards of NV will come to the market.
Probably, these will be the first cards that will run CoD without any performance worries.
Subsequently, all previous generations cards will become cheaper once again; And you will be able to find many second hand ones since a lot of people will want to upgrade

My 2cnts.

~S~
Old 06-15-2012, 11:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335th_GRAthos View Post
I would choose a GTX570 with 2,5Gb VRAM....

Do not look at anything less than 2Gb VRAM.

Also, why are you in a hurry to buy? The game is not finished (a good patch is meant by that) and nobody has seen a well running version yet.

So, in your case I would hold on with any HW buy as long as possible.

The thinking behind such a decision is that the GTX 560/570 series is old generation.
In September the real high end cards of NV will come to the market.
Probably, these will be the first cards that will run CoD without any performance worries.
Subsequently, all previous generations cards will become cheaper once again; And you will be able to find many second hand ones since a lot of people will want to upgrade

My 2cnts.

~S~
Thank you for the answers, but, i am already waiting too long, inpossibly long, after 3 years waiting i want to use my joystick again. Also i am planning upgrade to play diablo 3, but that game is not so heavy for our video card. Also i have no so many $$$ to spend and my phenom 2 x4 925 will be a bottleneck for something like gtx 670.
So now i need to choose between gtx 560 2GB and 570 2.5. But only ENGA variant has 2.5 and i can't find it in Kiew, i can but it from USA, but i also don't like the cooling system that EVGA card is using. So i will choose something like Gainward/ASUS DC2 560 ti 2GB and overclock my CPU.

Last edited by Jonik; 06-15-2012 at 11:21 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:05 PM
Approved Member

You will not have problems with even 560 Ti 1GB on that resolution.
I don't know what prices are in Kiew but in Europe you can find gtx570 for ~240 Euros.
That is the best buy in that segment in my opinion and faster card then 560 2GB .

Only problem you can have is speed of your CPU which is important to have good gameplay.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:39 PM
Approved Member

GTX 570 user here.

Can't complain at all about the 570. I have max settings and never see stutters or low frames. I'm locked at 40fps COMPLETELY maxed graphics, fps locked at 60 (with vsync on) when I configure my SLI for CloD, but the water flickers a bit, so I only use one card.

You will definitely get more bang for your buck...err quid...err rupees, whatever you guys use in Russia...wampum(?) going with the GTX 570. There are even some places offering the 570 for the price of a 560ti. Links somewhere on this forum I believe.

My system:
intel i5 2600k at stock speed
8gb RAM
CloD installed on Corsair 60gb SSD (alongside Windows 7 64bit)
Old 06-19-2012, 03:13 PM
Approved Member

A GTX 570 2.5 vram ought to run this game well. I have one.
I've also used a GTX 465 1 gig vram card. Little difference between the two of them from my experience. I am beginning to think, the faster the Vcard and the more memory, the faster it can process and disregard the coded errors in this game. I may be wrong, but that's what I think.

It sure would be nice to know, what Vcards the dev's are using?
Instead of having all of us chase this game with our credit cards.

At this juncture, I have no plans to ever buy another Vcard for this game.