Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 11-09-2009, 04:51 AM
Registered Member

Default Karador is Killing Me. Help!

I was late to the party with this game but was having a great time until this fight,which I can't seem to win.

24 level mage, 15K leadership, 28 intel, 10 attack and 10 defense.

148 or 133 mana depending on if I choose a mana item or anti undead item.45max Rage. Level 3 Chaos and Disruptive magic and level 2 Order.

I have tried stacks of 6 black dragons and 9 green dragons, 83 shamans, 160 griffons and 167 inquistors

I have tried stacks of 100 black unicorns and green dragons, griffons, 314 priests and inquistors as an anti undead set up.

Couple of levels ago I tried Sprites, Dryads, both Unicorns and shamans.

Nothing seems to work worth a damn.The reviving undead plus spells which take over my units kill me.

And of course the game tells me the defenders are "slightly stronger"

Any tips??
Old 11-09-2009, 09:47 AM
Registered Member

Smile hello my name is rahul

i m sorry i dont know way to kill karador..i m sending this b coz i didnt even reach karador..he is the one who should be defeated for curing elves inorder to rescue princess amelie right..??
please reply how to reach karador i didnt find him in death of valley. i planted sprout of tree of life ..etc..i didnt find him. how to find carador and how to rescue amelie ..pls reply..sorry for inconvenience
i dont know to post forum.thats why sending so.. reply to the address

rhlpv893ster@gmail.com please
Old 11-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Approved Member

What difficulty level?

I had problems defeating Karador as paladin on hard, level 22, so instead I cleared out other parts of the game first, like Mehgard and Demonis and parts of Grey Wasteland until I reached level 26. Then I changed my main army for unicorns, black unicorns, dryads, ents and griffins. I also had a shield that provides +25% defense against the undead, the vampire cowl (-30% enemy attack at night), and the skill that increases attack and defense by +6 during nighttime combat, so those helped a lot. Also taking dryads was a good idea IMO, since they summoned thorns, which in turn summoned more thorns on those undead corpses.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:50 PM
Approved Member

Check this thread. Plenty of tips : Killing Karador on Impossible

rhlpv893ster - you are in Death Land, right? Just go into the large cemetery in the Grey Wasteland, you will find castle Necrocom there. Karador is inside. But do not even talk to him if you cannot yet defeat the units in the cemetery...
Old 11-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Approved Member

funny how many times people keep making threads that already exist

anyway just read the thread bb shockwave just posted

and some little tricks

always keep an undead stack so karador will use his mana on raise dead instead of any offensive spell
Old 11-09-2009, 07:16 PM
Registered Member

Thanks.

Read the other thread too.

Some of the tips I can't use, people recommend resurrecting and Necro Call. Only have resurrect at level 2 and no Necro Call.

But I will try some of the others.

Of my above units, what do you recommend as my army?
Old 11-09-2009, 07:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorflame View Post
always keep an undead stack so karador will use his mana on raise dead instead of any offensive spell
What does "keep an undead stack" mean?
Old 11-09-2009, 08:54 PM
Approved Member

sorry i meant keep and undead stack dead

furthermore units i would use vs karador would be 1. inqisitor
2. shaman
3. demoness
4. necromaner
5. can be ANY unit

some tips on how to play vs karador

make sure your INQI is protected at all time(only ranged can hit it)

first turn u try to kill a bone dragon stack and damage the necro's or skeleton archers they prove to be the most annoyance for a no loss game

place a totem at the necro

shoot the necro or skelli archers

then blast away his vamps

(keep 1 alive) for no casualties

and be sure not to let anything happen to the necro unless u got timeback so u can timeback the dude
Old 11-09-2009, 11:44 PM
Approved Member

Any advices you get about troop selection and spells are not realistic in your case.They are based on characters with high Attack/Defence or Intelligence stats and good items.
On impossible with 28 intel, 10 attack and 10 defense you are no match in a straight fight with Karador. Your attack /defence is too low to take him down in a ,warrior style ,fight . Your troops will be decimated in 4-5 rounds i belive.
And your Int is simply not enough to defeat him with offensive spells in that time.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:14 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorflame View Post
sorry i meant keep and undead stack dead

furthermore units i would use vs karador would be 1. inqisitor
2. shaman
3. demoness
4. necromaner
5. can be ANY unit

some tips on how to play vs karador

make sure your INQI is protected at all time(only ranged can hit it)

first turn u try to kill a bone dragon stack and damage the necro's or skeleton archers they prove to be the most annoyance for a no loss game

place a totem at the necro

shoot the necro or skelli archers

then blast away his vamps

(keep 1 alive) for no casualties

and be sure not to let anything happen to the necro unless u got timeback so u can timeback the dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucazaurus View Post
Any advices you get about troop selection and spells are not realistic in your case.They are based on characters with high Attack/Defence or Intelligence stats and good items.
On impossible with 28 intel, 10 attack and 10 defense you are no match in a straight fight with Karador. Your attack /defence is too low to take him down in a ,warrior style ,fight . Your troops will be decimated in 4-5 rounds i belive.
And your Int is simply not enough to defeat him with offensive spells in that time.

I'm playing on Normal, it is my first time playing this game.

But I combined some of the tips here with some of my own ideas to finally win the battle.

My stacks: 6 black dragons and 9 green dragons, 83 shamans, 100 black unicorns and 167 inquisitors.

I swapped out some of my mana and leadership items for the -2 undead defense chain and the +8 shield. It put all troops but the Green Dragons out of control but level 3 Armageddon solved that. Then I followed some of the tips on regaining mana by using invisibility on the dragons. I think my problem was not thinking of nuking my own troops and not realizing how powerful Armageddon was and previously using level 3 invisability and wasting mana. Then I used the tip of planting units, totems and shards on dead undead.

Underwhelmed with the 4K experience though, I got more on a shrine in the underground.

Thanks

Last edited by Lloyd Heilbrunn; 11-10-2009 at 03:19 AM.