Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 10:17 PM
Registered Member

Default Foo'bar banned

Dear community,

when I wanted to see today in the early morning after the news in the official 1C forum, I had to find out that I have been banned for the next two months. One takes amiss of it me that I had dared the day before to leave a melancholy comment in an already older thread.

What is no big thing under normal circumstances, seems to have provided in view of the at the moment ruling excitement for a considerable mess among the forum visitors and prompted my highly respected mod collegues to hectic actionism. Obviously my contribution has provided for so a lot of confusion and restlessness under blind and unreflective after the hotly desired patch craving leisure pilots that one felt exciting to have to lock out even a honorable and long-standing Additional 3D Developer from Cliffs of Dover about for a long time from this forum.

Now, I take the affair with humor and will use my suddenly gotten spare time to create high-class railroad and building models also furthermore, for public good here in the Il-2 community, even for those which had demanded so energetically my distance from the 1C forum.

In the end, we want everything only one thing: the best combat flight simulator.

And now, mods, feel free to ban even this second account for having multiple ones. This will be my first and last post with Mexxoft identity.

See you in two months. I have to work. For you. Check for regularly updates at Foo'blog.

Foo'bar aka Mexxoft aka Peter F. Schaller
Additional 3D Developer for Il-2 Sturmovik Series.

PS: Please excuse this rather bad translation, it would be easier to me to express myself in my native language.

PSPS: If somebody has downloaded an old patch because of me, has installed and has destroyed his well-oiled CloD installation with it, then I'm honestly sorry. This wasn't my intention - although some new habitants of my increased ignore list seem to know exactly what my intentions were.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:22 PM
Approved Member

Had to make a screen shot just for historic purposes.
OK Forum KGB you can delete the thread now.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:28 PM
Approved Member

Don't worry your pretty little head about it mate,life goes on,in a few days time your antics will be forgotten,and so will you,move on.

Alienware Aurora|Win 7 64-bit Home Premium|IC i7-920 Processor (Quad-Core)|14GB DDR3 RAM|1 TB SATA 7200rpm Hard Drive|GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 770 2GB WINDFORCE 3 X fan|Thrustmaster Warthog|Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals,throttle quadrant and Cessna trim wheel|TrackIR4|Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy!
Old 04-28-2012, 10:38 PM
Approved Member

Foo, Mexx - not sure how many accounts I have but some got banned in the kil- eh moderation spree. Since you need an account to view attachments you should always have a new one ready though.

Now that we have moderators who promote ignore lists and actually use them themselves (not sure how they're able to moderate using ignore lists...) it makes me wonder what the staff defines as "moderate" and "moderation" anyways. But I guess there's just no one better around willing to do the job.

The irony is that there's simply no real "care" taking place. I mentioned a long time ago that tons of useless threads are pinned. Much of the confusion, which obviously even resulted in bannings, could've been avoided by actually cleaning old stickies, adjusting thread names properly and only sticking the IMPORTANT and NEW posts. And gathering up rules and infraction info and ignore list how-to's and other "important" messages in in one simple sticky post.

Only time will tell if we will ever see a forum index that doesn't require a monitor in portrait mode to actually see the threads and not just stickies...
Old 04-28-2012, 10:42 PM
Approved Member

Like I posted here:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...9&postcount=23

I'm not in favor of you being banned as one of the few here that actually has participated in making CloD the stepping stone for future children that will get a better birth than their mother!

S! /Mazex

P.S But it was a bit childish - and you know it Me and most of the regular forum members here have done a lot more childish stuff here though
Old 04-28-2012, 10:48 PM
Approved Member

Moderators, Foo'bar developed the train models and some of the buildings modelled in CoD.
Please lift the ban. It's important we don't lose the developers of this game!

Foo'bar - We'll wake you in 2 months

Flying online as Setback.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:53 PM
Approved Member

Forums have rules...
Old 04-28-2012, 10:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kongo-Otto View Post
Had to make a screen shot just for historic purposes.
OK Forum KGB you can delete the thread now.
not KGB...more like commissar (political officer) they are just here to make sure you are in good standings with the "party"
EVGA 660SC (super clocked) 2GB Vram
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT
Old 04-28-2012, 10:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Forums have rules...
ummm no...forums have suggestions ...Physics has rules/laws
EVGA 660SC (super clocked) 2GB Vram
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT
Old 04-28-2012, 10:56 PM
Approved Member

Lightbulb

It's unfortunate that you chose to bring back an old thread like that when it would have been more appropriate to create a new thread stating the same fact.

It wasn't what you said it was that you brought back an old thread at a time when everyone is on edge about a pending beta.

I am disppointed that I had to ban you but it was appropriate, if it were anyone else they would have been equally treated, especially since the intent was taken as malicious whether intended or not, the damage was done to innocent users installations. You used very poor judgement and must pay the price.

I appreciate what youve done for the il2 community but this was not a minor infraction and we all need to be kept to the standard we want to maintain regardless of our position in the community.

In sincerity all the best in your projects until you return, and we look forward to your return with better judgement on what passes as humor in the future.
Closed Thread