Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 08-29-2009, 09:11 AM
Approved Member

Default Hori Flight Stick EX broke my xbox?

I had trouble finding an Ace Edge stick for this game so I got myself the black Hori Flight Stick EX for Xbox 360.

The first time I tried the demo with my new flight stick it froze. No big deal I thought, it has frozen for other people and it's a demo. However, after I restarted the demo it froze again followed by 3 red rings and now I have to send my console in for repair.

The demo never froze when I used the controller, not once. Is there a compability problem with the Hori Ex? Does it have anything to do that I live in Europe?

Anyone know anything about this? Pretty bummed to be cashing out that much for a thing that breaks my console, if that's the reason.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:24 AM
Approved Member

it could just be that your it was your consoles time to die
Old 08-29-2009, 09:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliall View Post
it could just be that your it was your consoles time to die
the red rings is a problem with xbox
Old 08-29-2009, 09:40 AM
Approved Member

I know. It's the third time I get the RROD so i hope it's just the same old. Anyway, I'm going to pick up a new console with the Jasper chipset thingy inside, the RROD problem should be almost gone with the Jasper apparently.

This will be a tough month economically
Old 08-29-2009, 05:16 PM
Registered Member

Your flightstick is ok. I have one also and have had no problem. I'm sure that it's just the usual RROD.(I'm on my third one) Purely coincidental. Cheers.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Cutaway View Post
Your flightstick is ok. I have one also and have had no problem. I'm sure that it's just the usual RROD.(I'm on my third one) Purely coincidental. Cheers.
Time to get a PS3
Old 08-30-2009, 12:02 AM
Approved Member

I agree, I still don't understand why people still buy xbox360's after they already had 3 broken ones... it's obviously a sign of bad engineering... I bought a PS3 after my xbox360 broke, never looked back!
Old 08-30-2009, 12:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny M NL View Post
I agree, I still don't understand why people still buy xbox360's after they already had 3 broken ones... it's obviously a sign of bad engineering... I bought a PS3 after my xbox360 broke, never looked back!
i hope you're not gettin the 90nm chip set 1st generation model (2008 > model) instead the old 90nm (< 2007) coz YLoD strike on most of the old model...it has crushed on me on my 60g JP set (1st production unit) after 2 years acompanying me.

Now i'm using da 80g SG set 2008 the 3rd generation model + some custom modded exaust fan attach behind of it...sigh
Old 08-30-2009, 12:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empi666 View Post
Time to get a PS3
Agreed. I always had ps systems, the i got a xbox 360 last october. By the time killzone 2 came out i had traded it in for a ps3. Best console out there, especially since its now $299. I might just sell my 80g and get a new slim.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:54 AM
Approved Member

Surprisingly my old 360 has never gotten the RROD. I do prefer the PS3 over 360 because I don't really like Microsoft and how their stuff is always needing updates etc. but they seem to have the demo out first, and some good exclusive games so I like both, but PS3 is more in my favor.