Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 11-11-2009, 02:21 PM
Approved Member

Default Is it still kill stealing if.....

Just to see what the concensus on this situation is.

Flying in a New Guinea map on line and there is a three way chase, a Red plane - a Zero - and another red plane comming up the rear and I'm above the action looking down

The zero is shooting at the first Red plane when the trailing red plane gets hits on the zero which starts streaming smoke and flames.

Unfortunately the Zero does not break off or eject , but continues to stick on the first red planes tail blazing away with all guns.

At this point I've lost track of the trailing red plane so I drop down on the zero and finish him off!

Of course this all takes place in the course of 20-30 seconds so there wasn't too long to think about it.

Am I:
a) A Hero for saving my team mates life?
b) A dirty scum sucking kill stealer?
c) A dirty scum sucking kill stealer that will sleep well tonight in the knowledge I saved my team mates life?
d) Very lucky I didn't get any shots on the first Red plane and shoot him down instead?

What do people think?

Last edited by Skoshi Tiger; 11-11-2009 at 02:27 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Approved Member

As long as a enemy shoots, even in the general direction of a friendly, hes a target.

He could have gotten of a lucky pk shot, who knows.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:39 PM
Approved Member

Somehow, this kill stealing stuff just reminded me of South Park:

-"Oh no, they killed Jerry!"

-"You bastards!"

Old 11-11-2009, 06:47 PM
Approved Member

That's a thin line there.
The enemy plane was set on fire by another player which typically is a no-no to shoot down yourself. Then again the enemy plane is still shooting at your team mate.
That's a tough call really.
You don't know what happened to the pilot who set the enemy ablaze?
If he broke off after he set the enemy plane on fire and the enemy is still shooting at a team mate, then I would say you were right in what you did.
If the team mate who set the enemy plane on fire was still pursuing him after it was set of fire, then you dove in and finished it off, then there may be some accusations flying around.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:37 PM
Approved Member

Default Saving pals is good

Depends on the server, if its air quake like Skies of Halor, its kill stealing. To them.

60% of the time, all the time, you'd get "Skoshi's a kill stealer. Stop watchin' my shoulder, you shoulder shooter. So which airfield are you going to vulch?"

To me, if a same team got someone off my tail, I'd be happy. A noob like myself would give props and get shot down while trying to chat thanks, but its only me, myself, and I.

If its a full pit like Warcrowds or Splits vs 1099's, its debatable, plus you'll get "dude that came close to TK,"

But since you were in Geeks vs Wildchicks, its a tough call. You were probably the four of the five people in there. You could talk it over with them.

If its a coop, gratz you saved a friend, long distance hi five!
Old 11-13-2009, 06:50 AM
Approved Member

The only one who should have problem with kill stealing is the dead.
After all, it's this action that made him dead.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:20 AM
Approved Member

Thanks for your input guys, I didn't loose too much sleep over the incident.

The mission was on the Skies of Valour server. They've had a few major issues with their server recently and have had to rebuild their stats page. When I looked up the mission I was surprised to find they had allocated me .5 of a kill for bringing down the plane. (I didn't think they could do that?? Hopefully the guy that flamed the zero got the other .5)

So all is well with the universe!

Cheers!
Old 11-13-2009, 09:38 AM
Approved Member

If he was on fire well yes corz 5sec the pilot is dead from the fire. They start drifting toward the ground to crash and if he shooting hes dead shooting.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FS~Hawks View Post
If he was on fire well yes corz 5sec the pilot is dead from the fire. They start drifting toward the ground to crash and if he shooting hes dead shooting.
Hey Hawks ! Hi! At the time it did look like he was just plowing on and chasing the other plane regardless of the consequences.

Hope to see ya agin on SOV soon!
Old 11-13-2009, 04:37 PM
Global Moderator

Maybe the dm should include pm as well..

damage modeling/pilot modeling

So, if the aircraft is burning the pilot has no ability to do anything but barbeque or baill out.