Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Assault Squad

Men of War: Assault Squad Sequel to the critically acclaimed real-time tactics game Men of War

Old 04-26-2013, 05:38 PM
Approved Member

Default Zooming out mod? for Skirmishes.

Hey guys, was wondering if there is such a mod for being able to zoom out much more in the Skirmishes, like having the option to view the battlefield from a birds eye view, where the fields look like postage stamps, and like the way it can be done so in the gem editor, especially when playing a game in the gem editor.

Oh and am having trouble trying to get rid of the surrounding coloured lines in the gem editor, annoying when I start a game, I have tried googling on how to get rid of them, but to no avail. How do I disactivate them?

One last thing, is installing vehicle skins/textures, the same as installing playable mods into the mods folder, also what exactly are texture mods used for anyway?

Thanks

Last edited by micro; 04-26-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:24 AM
Approved Member

texture mods usually mean additional skins for units, vehicles etc.... most have more than 1 like one for winter, one for desert etc.... of course they have to be altered within script or map file for the unit to use it.

as for zooming out u could edit the clips specs for the map as that controls how high camera can go but if u zoom out that far u will have performance drop first of all and 2nd due to level of detail and view distance a lot of things will dissapear too far overhead like trees.

Skirmishes/Missions by DJSatane
Old 04-27-2013, 04:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsatane View Post
texture mods usually mean additional skins for units, vehicles etc.... most have more than 1 like one for winter, one for desert etc.... of course they have to be altered within script or map file for the unit to use it.

as for zooming out u could edit the clips specs for the map as that controls how high camera can go but if u zoom out that far u will have performance drop first of all and 2nd due to level of detail and view distance a lot of things will dissapear too far overhead like trees.
hey thanks for the input, but how do I get rid of the coloured lines on the outside of a map in the gem editor, its very annoying when playing a game, no manual came with the game, I have tried googling on how to disactivate them, buit to no avail, or what buttons to press ect, I asked this question in March, and someone told me to google it, and nearly 2 months on am still struggling, surely someone must know how.

Thanks
Old 04-28-2013, 09:07 AM
Approved Member

I dont hitnk its possible to disable those lines in editor for mowas, or at least i have failed to come up with a way. But for a map just go to clips and change max height for each clip to something like 3000 and hit enter

Skirmishes/Missions by DJSatane
Old 04-28-2013, 11:45 AM
Approved Member

I tried to help this person get rid of those lines on the map.
I ended up making them appear & get stuck on my editor !

I tried every key and combination possible to get rid of them.

In the end I remembered what djsatane said to try a while ago,
which worked on my GEM editor.

Close down the editor.

Go to your My Documents folder,
then your My Games folder where your Assault Sqaud profile is, and

delete the "editor_desktop.set" file.

Restart the editor and those lines should be gone.

Last edited by OVO; 04-28-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:49 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVO View Post
I tried to help this person get rid of those lines on the map.
I ended up making them appear & get stuck on my editor !

I tried every key and combination possible to get rid of them.

In the end I remembered what djsatane said to try a while ago,
which worked on my GEM editor.

Close down the editor.

Go to your My Documents folder,
then your My Games folder where your Assault Sqaud profile is, and

delete the "editor_desktop.set" file.

Restart the editor and those lines should be gone.
hey OVO, it worked, the coloured lines have gone, woohoo lol, thank you so much for the heads up, brilliant stuff, but another question, what are those coloured lines for anyway? oddly enough no manual came with the Steam download, so I just have to research, and sometimes googling don't give me what I want, is why I like this forum so much, thanks again.

Last edited by micro; 04-29-2013 at 07:03 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsatane View Post
I dont hitnk its possible to disable those lines in editor for mowas, or at least i have failed to come up with a way. But for a map just go to clips and change max height for each clip to something like 3000 and hit enter
hey djsatane, the deleting of > editor_desktop.set, in the Assault Sqaud profile via my games, to rid of them coloured lines in the gem editor, works a treat, I will be sure to ask you for any other fixe's I need in the gem editor.

Thanks Again.

Last edited by micro; 04-29-2013 at 07:11 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by micro View Post
..........what are those coloured lines for anyway? ........
I think they are marker lines for your men, how far they are allowed to go to the edge of the map,
and the edge of map fog area,
and the pink 1 marks the edge of the map.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVO View Post
I think they are marker lines for your men, how far they are allowed to go to the edge of the map,
and the edge of map fog area,
and the pink 1 marks the edge of the map.
ah ok, thanks