Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 07-23-2010, 03:41 PM
Approved Member

Default I think it's time for us to just sit down and wait for SoW to arrive.....

.....as, lets be honest we have watched all the updates and then the requests for this bolt to be in this place, and that smoke to be 2% more volumetric, etc, etc, but let just stand back and see what we have.

For years IL2 has been the No.1 WW2 flight-sim in many forums and magazines. There, in my opinion, has not been a simulation that comes anywhere close to matching the online and offline needs of players interested in WW2 aviation.

We now have the experience of IL2 that can be taken by Oleg Maddox and 1C as a beta for the work they are now doing on SoW. All the things that we have seen as wrong can be corrected, all the additions we asked for can now be considered and all the time that would have been spent on updates has now be taken over by TD.

Basically, it's now at the stage of being so-long in development that (again my opinion) the testing stage is now thoroughly underway with place-holder graphics being stripped out slowly and replaced with the new graphics. Of-course there is still work to do, but surely now is the time to let the work be finished, get the Sim on the shelves, and then start the new round of requests that can be looked at once we know the intended capabilities of the new Sim.

I appreciate the updates, but I don't see them as anymore than just that. They are not flyable demo's, so I can't comment on them with authority, they are just examples of graphics....that is all.

The Spitfire cockpit video is the one that I still return to when I set my hopes on this Sim andI think now is the time to just sit back and wait, as hollering and putting anymore requests, well I just don't see how they will benefit the team working on SoW.

I would make another assumption that whatever is there by now, is what will be coming out on initial release, but future developments are something that I certainly hope can include expansion packs for the Pacific and P-47 and P-51 era....but that is the future and for now, I'll wait for Oleg's Present.....that Present being the Present of SoW!

Cheers, MP
Old 07-23-2010, 04:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
... are just examples of graphics....that is all.
Couldn't disagree more.

Yes, movies or even a demo would be better - of course, there would be always something better. But especially when you look at the screenshots over a few weeks, you see some very interesting changes in various aspects. This is what the updates are about, that things are coming together, that things change in the minor and large scale, that we're getting closer to a final top-of-the-line-product, not to tell you, how much fun it would be for you to fly the simulation personally.

I hope to see something like ED's producers notes to do this job, or photo/video-reports like in the early days of IL2.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:15 PM
Global Moderator

When we start seeing videos/movies you can count on the SOW being close to release.

IMO, videos tell too much. That is why I would think Oleg hasn't released any. The Spit release was unauthorized, and Oleg just went with it.

The release for BOB SOW should be within the year, and that only leaves 5 months.

Seriously, the way the world economy is going at this point it would be smart to release the SOW soon. Many people will need better systems to use the SOW. If people don't have jobs they sure can't afford new systems. It doesn't make sense to buy an SOW, if you can't enjoy it's best features.

Oleg really needs to get his boxes printed.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:26 PM
Approved Member

i prefer wait another long time for a good SoW simulator and most airplane and most physic effect dm dinamic cinematic terrain sky sea and object.
i prefer wait wait wait and pacience for a very good WORLD STANDART PRODUCT.
SoW-battle of brittain
SoW-battle of atlantic
SoW-mediterrain
SoW-pacific
Sow-operation barbarossa
Sow- korea
Sow-vietnam
Sow-spanisc civil war
Sow-campain of Italy
Sow-battle of fokland
Sow-Sow Sow again again most most mission and operation for all players in all world.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:37 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilon_x View Post
i prefer wait another long time for a good SoW simulator and most airplane and most physic effect dm dinamic cinematic terrain sky sea and object.
i prefer wait wait wait and pacience for a very good WORLD STANDART PRODUCT.
SoW-battle of brittain
SoW-battle of atlantic
SoW-mediterrain
SoW-pacific
Sow-operation barbarossa
Sow- korea
Sow-vietnam
Sow-spanisc civil war
Sow-campain of Italy
Sow-battle of fokland
Sow-Sow Sow again again most most mission and operation for all players in all world.
I can see why so many people have put you on their ignore list.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilon_x View Post
Sow-battle of fokland
Any-one got any idea where the fok fokland is?
Old 07-23-2010, 05:57 PM
Approved Member

THIS is the Falkland sorry not fokland.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg falk.jpg (124.8 KB, 30 views)
Old 07-23-2010, 06:35 PM
Tree_UK

When we see a dedicated website I think we can say that SOW is close, and Oleg has already said that it is being worked on.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:51 PM
Approved Member

Oleg's not going to release it until he's happy that it's all OK - AFAIK this was one of the major reasons why he had fall outs with UBI, who wanted to dump the market with unfinished games (as most of us have experienced )

I'm happy to wait for perfection
Old 07-23-2010, 06:55 PM
Approved Member

I agree solidly with the first post. Oleg has gathered enough feedback over the past five years that there is little more which we can suggest (although I'm sure there is some brilliance left to be mined).

Anyhow, after ten years I'm quite willing to let Oleg do his work. For the first six years or so I hung on every update, but I've reached the mystical point of Mystic Puma about a year ago.

I am contented.