Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:46 PM
Approved Member

Default WPF.Unavailable in MP menu

According to naryv "WPF.Unavailable puppet place line" appears in MP plane selection list if the aircraft listed is located further than 20 km. from the previous player position and therefor not available for spawn. You can change your airfield closer to the frontline in this case and try again.

With this exception coop missions should be possible now (clients able to chose planes, not host only). Maybe you would need to click a Spawn-area (airfield) close to the airgroup which you want to spawn in to get rid of this WPF.Unavailable message first.

Did anyone tried coops with the new patch?

Last edited by Ataros; 10-18-2011 at 12:48 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:13 AM
Approved Member

I did try it with mixed results.
I have a few flights of Bf vs Spits in within 20 km of airbases for both sides.
Initially, all flights in the air are WPF. I created an Aircraft in the spawn airfields and then (as it seems) I clicked in an area not beloging to any side (water) and I was presented with the BF flights which were still WPF. Then I went to the red side and repeating the process produced 4 out the 6 positions available to me to select. I repeated the process a few times going from red to blue but the blue side never became available.
It needs work or some kind of documented rational because you are never sure if it is the software incomplete/bugged or your procedure flawed
Old 11-13-2011, 01:20 PM
Approved Member

I was wrong. I look into it again and...
Naryv has stated it correctly!!
What one needs to do is actually "Create" a plane within 20-25 Km to be able to select one of the other spawned planes in the main briefing area.
It is actually pretty cool if you have MAP ICONS enabled. You can click on the planes right on the map and a red circle appears on them and you are ready to BE that plane.
In short, you need to be inside the actual map first, then hit ESC to get back into the briefing screen and THEN you can select planes that are within 20-25 km radius.
Very very cool situation here.
I apologize if this is old new already!
Old 11-13-2011, 04:21 PM
Approved Member

Map icons are usually switched off on many servers but you can select a plane from a list on the right hand in the same way.

For coop-style gameplay you can try naryv's coop script posted on the forum.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:12 PM
Approved Member

Yes, I now know . I have tried naryv script and it looks that it is going to work.
On a dedicated server it looks that it need at least two players to hit TAB -->4 and then 2 to start the battle. Am I correct?
If so which line on the script dictates that? I would like to change it to ONE player needed to "battle start"
Old 11-13-2011, 07:14 PM
Approved Member

"Am I correct?" - No every player had to "Start the batte", if you only need one you should change (or delete) the readycount section:
Code:
 public void StartBattle(string lang) 
    {
        //==================================================
        int readyCount = 0;
        for (int i = 0; i < playerSelections.Count; i++)
        {
            if (playerSelections[i].readyToBattle)
                readyCount++;
        }

if (readyCount < playerSelections.Count)   
        {
            GamePlay.gpHUDLogCenter(readyCount.ToString() + translator(" of ", lang) + playerSelections.Count.ToString() + translator(" ready to fly. Waiting...", lang));
            return;
        }
        //==========================================================================
        GamePlay.gpHUDLogCenter(translator("Battle Starting!!!!", lang));
        for (int i = 1; i < 3; i++)
        {
            AiAirGroup[] army_groups = GamePlay.gpAirGroups(i);
            foreach (AiAirGroup group in army_groups)
            {
                group.Idle = false;
            }
        }
    }

Last edited by FG28_Kodiak; 11-13-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:19 PM
Approved Member

Unbelievable, I was just about to make a post that I found a most likely pertaining area.
Ok, I am assuming that the script sees the Dedicated server as another player and therefore if I set the readyCount=1 and with me as a client and "ready" the readyCount should be equal to players...
I am going to try it and see...
Old 11-13-2011, 07:42 PM
Approved Member

Yes, it does!!
I am also surprised that I did not have to put some kind of timeout for the "battle start". I thought by the time my client connected, the dedicated server itself would activate the mission, since readycount is already 1. It looks that the dedicated server does not take the "idle" from the AI planes.
So ALL is even cooler...
Old 11-13-2011, 09:06 PM
Approved Member

I did not say thank you, did I?

Thaaaank you much!!