Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 10:48 AM
Registered Member

Unhappy No Saitek 360 AV8R-2 Stick & No German Cockpits for this Game...

... Anyone else cancelling their pre-order, or just not buying until (or if) they decide to fix it? (I fall into the latter part of that sentence).

How can they make a Flight Sim, and not know about the Saitek X-BOX 360 AV8R-2 Joystick, that's marketed, with Microsoft's stamp of approval, as... 'Works with all future planned Flight titles"?

After years of playing this title on the P.C., the 360 Demo was just one huge disappointment for me.

Is this a case of... "The Project is done; no more resources are to be spent on it. Let's see how much money we can make as it stands"?

Any chance, from one of the Dev's, as to commenting on confirming if the Project is now closed, or whether they are still going to continue to develop this title and fix these two huge; buy or not to buy errors?
Old 08-13-2009, 10:54 AM
Approved Member

I understand your frustration about the missing cockpits and share it. But what are you talking about the AV8R? Mine works fine.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:54 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hengist View Post
... Anyone else cancelling their pre-order, or just not buying until (or if) they decide to fix it? (I fall into the latter part of that sentence).

How can they make a Flight Sim, and not know about the Saitek X-BOX 360 AV8R-2 Joystick, that's marketed, with Microsoft's stamp of approval, as... 'Works with all future planned Flight titles"?

After years of playing this title on the P.C., the 360 Demo was just one huge disappointment for me.

Is this a case of... "The Project is done; no more resources are to be spent on it. Let's see how much money we can make as it stands"?

Any chance, from one of the Dev's, as to commenting on confirming if the Project is now closed, or whether they are still going to continue to develop this title and fix these two huge; buy or not to buy errors?
Hi Hengist,

I was considering to take the name of "HORSA" in this forum - nice to see that someone still knows who Hengist was.

Anyway - considering that we are not getting any answers on the Joystick and Cockpit questions at least I will cancel my preorder to see if cockpits are added via patch. Then, and only then, I will buy BoP, a shame realy.

Horrido

Rob
Old 08-13-2009, 10:59 AM
Approved Member

Admittedly I've only played the demo twice, and I've not felt the desire to play it since - something seems very arcade about it but I was willing to give the full game the benefit of the doubt, as well as a better control system, however the as yet unconfirmed rumour is admittedly worry and if true will probably mean I won't be buying - and I suspect will have significant implications for the sale of the game - particularly for the simmers who wanted to see a 10 year old flight sim recreated for the 360 with most of the best features retained.

I'm going to hold my tongue until more information becomes more available, but as an almost exclusive 109/190 pilot on the PC version, this will be make or break for me
Old 08-13-2009, 12:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skii View Post
Admittedly I've only played the demo twice, and I've not felt the desire to play it since - something seems very arcade about it but I was willing to give the full game the benefit of the doubt, as well as a better control system, however the as yet unconfirmed rumour is admittedly worry and if true will probably mean I won't be buying - and I suspect will have significant implications for the sale of the game - particularly for the simmers who wanted to see a 10 year old flight sim recreated for the 360 with most of the best features retained.

I'm going to hold my tongue until more information becomes more available, but as an almost exclusive 109/190 pilot on the PC version, this will be make or break for me
Same. I have been flying 109s in Il2 for almost five years now, using the cockpit view only when fighting, and rarely flying anything else. So no cockpit, no purchase for me until this is fixed.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:14 PM
Approved Member

Its pretty shocking that there will be no German cockpits. This and no blackouts/redouts is probably going to stop my purchase.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Lecter View Post
But what are you talking about the AV8R? Mine works fine.
If by working fine you just mean the stick movement... err well yes. However, what about the buttons?

What do you use for the A button, when it's set for the trigger? As for the Padlock button, don't get me started on that lol. Are you sure that your stick works fine with this title, do all your buttons work correctly?

With faulty mapped buttons, I wouldn't call that working 'fine'.

-------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgenbach View Post
Hi Hengist,

I was considering to take the name of "HORSA" in this forum - nice to see that someone still knows who Hengist was.

Rob
Hi Rob,

It's good to see a fellow scholar of the Anglo-Saxon's.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
What do you use for the A button, when it's set for the trigger? As for the Padlock button, don't get me started on that lol. Are you sure that your stick works fine with this title, do all your buttons work correctly?
If you mean trim, that is located on RB on the AV8R layout. Padlock does not exist in sim mode, in arcade/realistic I think it's the second big button from the left on the base facing you (can't remember how it's called)

According to the live broadcast the final version will even have a button layout that can be reconfigured.

Hope that helped!
Old 08-13-2009, 01:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
If by working fine you just mean the stick movement... err well yes. However, what about the buttons?

With faulty mapped buttons, I wouldn't call that working 'fine'.

-------------------------------

Hi Rob,

It's good to see a fellow scholar of the Anglo-Saxon's.

It works fine! The trigger is the trigger!
Old 08-13-2009, 02:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Lecter View Post
If you mean trim, that is located on RB on the AV8R layout. Padlock does not exist in sim mode, in arcade/realistic I think it's the second big button from the left on the base facing you (can't remember how it's called)

According to the live broadcast the final version will even have a button layout that can be reconfigured.

Hope that helped!
Yes, that last piece of information about reconfiguring the button layout did help.

Thank you.

As for Sim mode having no Padlock, well that was fine on the PC where everyone was using Track-IR, but I haven't played a flight sim, since the days of Air Warrior 3, where all you had to rely on was the coolie hat to snap the view around... Talk about a step backwards!

The more I learn about this spin-off title from Oleg's original stable, the less I like it. Who are these developers anyway, you didn't get this kind of c_rap when Oleg was directly involved.

Sorry for the rant, I'm slightly annoyed that my Website host seems to have deleted my siggy website. I've got them currently searching their back-up archives to restore it. I'm not having a good day so far.
Closed Thread