Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Gameplay questions threads

Gameplay questions threads Everything about playing CoD (missions, tactics, how to... and etc.)

Old 04-26-2011, 11:51 PM
Approved Member

Default Dive fuse delay of 8 week?

Fuse settings confuse me do i relay have to wait 2 months for my bombs to expolde?
Old 04-27-2011, 03:13 AM
Approved Member

Yes, that was funny first time i saw it. However, using the low altitude fuse gives you the correct dive-bomb delay of 14 seconds.

I was just now flying the QMB ground attack mission, exiting, reflying and so on in order to practice my aiming technique. I limited the opposition to just one flight of three defiants (i wanted to practice bombing/strafing, not dogfight 2 flights of spits at low level ) and they happened to be the ones that spawn on the ground, good for some strafing practice. My flight was four Bf-110C7s with 2xsc250 each. The ground targets in the mission are a vehicle column and a train (just like in IL2:1946) next to the airfield, the AI wingmen go after the vehicles.

Long story short, i had no problem with the low altitude fuse when following the traditional method for a low level attack: shallow dive, place crosshairs on target, release when target disappears below the nose or if you are diving a bit more steeply just pull up a bit to make the target move under the nose and release.

If you want to see some spectacular fireworks go for the train, there's a few fuel tanks on that one. First time i tried the mission i forgot to arm my bombs, looped over the train and came down on it vertical with all guns firing...suddenly it all goes ablaze, i went through the explosion and my poor 110 was blown to bits

On another note, there are some very interesting delay fuses for the RAF bombs with a reasonable delay. I was messing around with the load-out screen and saw that you can use a 6 hour delay fuse on the 250lb bombs. Not much use for single player, but it will be awesome for a long-running server with day/night cycles enabled...sneaking in at night with a blenheim, dropping a few around the enemy airfield and when morning comes and people start taking off there are things randomly exploding all over the place

Last edited by Blackdog_kt; 04-27-2011 at 03:15 AM.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:16 AM
Approved Member

hehe, that makes a cruel anti-handling device.. When the bomb is stowed away for good somewhere, then suddenly...

(yeah, I know it would be most likely be exploded in a controlled manner )
Old 05-03-2011, 11:41 AM
Approved Member

im tempted to try the evil blenheim trick. We have the Syndicate server running for many hours. I might sneak in early when its reasonably empty, drop a few bombs around the german field and hope for the best!

Sneaky.... very sneaky.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:32 PM
Approved Member

That would make the 8 week delay even sneakier
Old 05-06-2011, 08:36 AM
BigPickle

is this why the bomb fail to explode half the time cos the fuses mistakenly have the wrong time data input?
Old 05-12-2011, 03:37 AM
Approved Member

Boy will they get a surprise when they haul that around showing all their friends when 8 weeks later "Hey check it out. BOOM!"