Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:55 AM
Tree_UK

Default To luthier

Luthier, myself and many others asked on many occasions to see some actual 'in game' footage before the game was released with sound. For what ever reason yourself and Oleg didn't seem to want us to see in game stuff, you prefered to show us movies instead.
Anyhow now its all out in the open could you show us some of the tracks you recorded before you applied the anti epilepsy filter, this would give us some hope that when you have fixed the game it will run at acceptable frames rates and will most likely stop people cancelling thier pre-orders which obviously isn't good for you finacially which in turn isn't good for us flight simmers.
This simple task of showing us how it should of been will bring us all great hope, and we can then order our game safe in the knowledge than when fixed it will be great.

Many Thanks.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:56 AM
Approved Member

well said
Old 03-25-2011, 11:07 AM
Approved Member

Here's a radical re-interpretation of the current situation.

There is a possibility that we are over-reacting by mistakenly putting 2 issues together that are not as related as they first appear.

The facts so far:

We know from luthier that the epi thing causes reduced fps
we know that some people on the Russian forum had issues.

Here's the possibility:

The Epi thing causes a fps hit – and wipes out the SLI crowd, as acknowledged by Luthier, but the main reason for the rash of initial low fps dis-satisfaction is more down to people making bad set-up choices in the (very) early days (actually - hours and minutes) of a new release. Took me a few days to get old il-2 looking and running well when I first got it.

For evidence - check out Buzzsaw's thread and some new postings from Nike-it - People being told to turn off dynamic weather!!? and reduce the buildings and trees settings a little, then getting decent results.

In this scenario, Luthier’s post isn’t the mea culpa for releasing a game that won’t run at all, that we’ve all taken it to be. It’s an acknowledgement of an issue that is detrimental but not the main reason for the initial wailing.

Let’s wait at least to the end of the first day to see what develops.

I rate all this as an outside possibility at this point, and I’m not going back to my Mr Happy avatar just yet, but there is a chance that we have over-reacted a little too quickly as this whole doom-mongering thing has snowballed.

Last edited by kendo65; 03-25-2011 at 07:09 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:08 AM
Registered Member

People who played the game (russians) saying in they forums that COD is epicfail of the centuryThat the game is "raw",unoptimized and unplayable even on hi end hardware,that something fundamentally wrong with game engine,and the story with "anti-epilepsy stuff" its just the smoke screen from MG.So guys,be ready for some "shock therapy" on next Friday
Old 03-25-2011, 11:10 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
... could you show us some of the tracks you recorded before you applied the anti epilepsy filter...
hmmm... what if someone gets a seizure just by watching the unfiltered video?
Old 03-25-2011, 11:10 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendo65 View Post
(OK - got rid of that bloody avatar!)

Was going to post this on the epi thread, but here seems better.

Here's a radical re-interpretation of the current situation. (I can hear the chuckles already, but hang with me for a second)

There is a possibility that we are over-reacting by mistakenly putting 2 issues together that are not as related as they first appear.

The facts so far:

Here's the possibility:

The Epi thing causes a fps hit – and wipes out the SLI crowd, as acknowledged by Luthier, but the main reason for the rash of initial low fps dis-satisfaction is more down to people making bad set-up choices in the (very) early days (actually - hours and minutes) of a new release. Took me a few days to get old il-2 looking and running well when I first got it.

For evidence - check out Buzzsaw's thread and some new postings from Nike-it - People being told to turn off dynamic weather!!? and reduce the buildings and trees settings a little, then getting decent results.

In this scenario, Luthier’s post isn’t the mea culpa for releasing a game that won’t run at all, that we’ve all taken it to be. It’s an acknowledgement of an issue that is detrimental but not the main reason for the initial wailing.

I rate all this as an outside possibility at this point, and I’m not going back to my Mr Happy avatar just yet, but there is a chance that we have over-reacted a little too quickly as this whole doom-mongering thing has snowballed.
finally a post that makes REAL sense. I have the same feeling.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:12 AM
Approved Member

Welcome back to reality kendo, how was your excursion into Trees whacky world of assumptions and baseless facts?
Old 03-25-2011, 11:15 AM
Approved Member

What happens if the game is so good that they can't stop playing it even when their lightbulb starts to flicker and induces a fit.

What if I love the game so much that I don't get much sleep and then fall asleep at the wheel of my car the next day, can my wife sue UBI.

It is all rollox, put a big warning sign on the package as rides do at funfairs etc
Old 03-25-2011, 11:15 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendo65 View Post
(OK - got rid of that bloody avatar!)

Was going to post this on the epi thread, but here seems better.

Here's a radical re-interpretation of the current situation. (I can hear the chuckles already, but hang with me for a second)

The facts so far:

Here's the possibility:

That's true, i bought A-10 and tuned my graphics options for days to find balanced settings. Same thing on all sims, RoF&FSX and so on....

Kankkis
Old 03-25-2011, 11:19 AM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
Welcome back to reality kendo, how was your excursion into Trees whacky world of assumptions and baseless facts?
Yes, odd isn't it. I predicted the game would run badly, and it does. whacky or what!!