Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:50 AM
Approved Member

Default Can we help Clod? Yes!

Hey guys

Anyone care to review the game to give it more stars? It is not getting reviews from the player base that matters. Only those ***** ***** **ats we deal with every-day.

http://www.amazon.com/IL-2-STURMOVIK...4832265&sr=1-1

Ps Frustrated with the situation on our forums also, you may have guessed...
Old 04-19-2012, 11:01 AM
Approved Member

Honestly, I don't think that CloD in its current state actually deserves more then 2-3 stars. Especially if you're more interested in offline gameplay. I initially gave it 3 stars when it was released, and that was a rather benign decision based on hope and trust in the developer.

The 5-star "reviews" IMO are just as daft as the 1-star ones.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:48 AM
Approved Member

Hopefully BlaxkSix creates a real good scripted campaign for BoM. Like Desastersoft did for CloD.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:57 AM
Falstaff

I think two stars is generous as things stand atm

I think you mean 'twats' btw

And atm means 'at the moment'

Ben
Old 04-19-2012, 12:12 PM
Approved Member

Worth waiting for fixes like working COOP, write new reviews and organise a campaign for voting them useful then here.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:32 PM
speculum jockey

Giving it 3 stars in it's current state if generous. Giving it 2 stars in the state it was released in would be way too generous. This is not what one would call a finished game, in any sense of the word "finished" as it is lacking in every single aspect without exception.

Numerous Bugs
Performance Issues
Gameplay Options
Hardware Support
Documentation. . .

The list could go on, but that's not really helping anyone. The devs know what needs to be done (at least I hope they do) and it's in their hands, if they want to give us the game we asked for (in a completed state) or just do a shoddy patch-job and move on to another 1/2 finished project (BOM).
Old 04-19-2012, 01:02 PM
Approved Member

Thank-you all for replies, I agree with what has been said for the most part, im not sure i should have posted this today in hindsight.

It is a simple thing though for our comunity to stick together, many people here would like the sim to succeed and spend many hours on the forums or checking them for updates.

That kind of dedication is testament to how many of you feel about Clod and not to mention people like Banks, Ateros, and heinkill along with many others. Without them my copy still wouldnt have been used for more than half an hour in the last year. (Just giving credit where its due).

This is a serious sim for serious people, i just wanted that to be put across in my review and thought others may too... dont have to if you dont agree.

Edit* Good idea Ateros, maybe i will when i have tested the new patch.

Last edited by HessleReich; 04-19-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:03 PM
Approved Member

I would review after a successfull patch but I wouldn't mislead potential purchasers as to what it is at present. I imagine that a lot of people here have used reviews in the past to influence purchasing decisions and just giving it a rosy glow to try and boost sales would be flat wrong imo.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:42 PM
speculum jockey

Giving positive or perfect reviews for a flawed and incomplete product would only be tricking people into buying something that they will invariably dislike, and add to the already large pile of negative reviews on the net. What we want are people to be honest, give accurate reviews that accurately represent what is wrong with the product so that the devs can see what people want, and then hopefully begin fixing or adding that.

Last thing they need is more smoke being blown up their asses. They already get plenty of that here, as well as the verbal fellatio they receive every time they post 3 or more pictures of Russian huts and fences. If all they ever hear is, "OH MY GOD! Clod is perfect, you are all perfect, we love you!" Then they'll just assume they have in fact made a good game (not the case) and will just move on to making another of the same quality.

Wait! That's already happened, and is happening again!
Old 04-19-2012, 01:43 PM
Approved Member

Yep. Hold your guns until after the patch and I mean the OFFICIAL patch, not the beta. That's what new members are going to see.
EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked+ACX cooler.
8GB G.Skill ripjaws DDR3-1600
Crucial M4 128GB SSD+Crucial M4 256GB SSD
Seagate 750GB HDD
CH Fighterstick+CH Pro pedals+Saitek X45
Win7 64bit