Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-19-2012, 03:24 PM
Approved Member

Default Time now to let TD loose on CloD for bug fixing only! Not for new content? 1c listen?

Right, we all know many of the bugs reported in the official (and unread) bug tracker have been left unfixed and now the final 1c patch has been released we are left in a position of limbo.
There are many fixes still to implemented and for some players these are crucial to allow them to at least enjoy their purchase and get it into a playable condition.

So may I humbly suggest that 1c allow TD the chance make CloD work as it actually should by letting them read the bugtracker and fix the most 'popular' bugs still present.

Now I appreciate that there would be concerns about new features and similar being added but that is not what I am suggesting.

As much as I would love new shipping, working weather, etc,etc this is not what I am suggesting.

Since 1c are now finished with clod, the features would stay the same BUT it must surely be possible to let TD fix the bugs that exist in the current software as they do appear to at least listen to the community and also care about the playability of the Sim?

I would only request that they be allowed to bug fix as I wouldn't like to think that they would be taken away for too long from their amazing work on 1946, but please at least consider that now CloD is Abandoned for development, it would be seen as a sign of future community relations to at least consider letting TD make the sim a final working package.

Appreciate thoughts on this from the community, TD and 1c.

Please give us hope of having the bugs that 1c have given up on spending time fixing could at least be fixed by your brilliant and talented TD guys.

Cheers, MP
Old 10-19-2012, 03:28 PM
Approved Member

I think there are certain files that are best keep closed

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 10-19-2012, 03:34 PM
Approved Member

the most annoying thing about the bugtracker is the fact that there wasn't even one single statement about the reported bugs given. really, I don't know why doing all those researching and trying to make things better when we even don't get feedback.

i suspect they simply dont want to change "their" product.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:43 PM
Approved Member

Old 10-19-2012, 03:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni74 View Post
the most annoying thing about the bugtracker is the fact that there wasn't even one single statement about the reported bugs given. really, I don't know why doing all those researching and trying to make things better when we even don't get feedback.

i suspect they simply dont want to change "their" product.
Luthier himself changed the status of several issues in the bug-tracker to "in progress", none of which actualy made it into the final release.

Get the latest COD Team Fusion patch info HERE
Old 10-19-2012, 03:46 PM
Approved Member

I would be rushing to get TD alone to monopolise potential future development. There are many talented individuals in the community that could improve COD given the chance.

Get the latest COD Team Fusion patch info HERE
Old 10-19-2012, 04:14 PM
Approved Member

So what happens to all these bug fixes when 1C release BOM and Cliffs gets merged into the BOM code?

The way I see it, either:
  • Their fixes would be wiped out by the new BOM code
  • Their fixes would be incorporated in the BOM code, meaning in effect that they're working on the sequel for free.

Would they want that? I don't know. What would happen to their hard work on Il-2 1946? As it is, they devoting all their spare time to working just on 1946

Maybe I'm missing something, but it doesn't seem like they would get much out of it.

EDIT: These are my opinions/questions and I want it to be known that I'm not trying to speak for them.

Last edited by Das Attorney; 10-19-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Attorney View Post
So what happens to all these bug fixes when 1C release BOM and Cliffs gets merged into the BOM code?
The way I see it, either:
  • Their fixes would be wiped out by the new BOM code
  • Their fixes would be incorporated in the BOM code, meaning in effect that they're working on the sequel for free.
Last official word from luthier was that the two would not be merged. Sequel to be stand alone. I can't find the link right now, be see answers to questions thread from a couple of weeks back.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstyle View Post
Last official word from luthier was that the two would not be merged. Sequel to be stand alone. I can't find the link right now, be see answers to questions thread from a couple of weeks back.
You are wrong.
Sequel stand alone means that you will can buy only BoM and play only BoM. But if you already have CoD they will be merged. In other words: BoM will be not a DLC, but a stand alone expansion.
GTX 560

Last edited by Ailantd; 10-19-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:24 PM
Approved Member

no hope in hell, and good thing to

you really think they are going to give away their source code to let a few amateurs tinker with it and waste the millions it took to get where we got to now

rather odd idea
President Dwight D. Eisenhower 1953: Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone, it is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children