Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:35 PM
Approved Member

Default For those waiting for the patch

Be patient...

Ace Combat 6's MP had many of the same problems this game has and a patch eventually came out that remedied those problems, BUT it took 6 months. Take a look at what the patch took care of: patch notes. Because of the similarity ill give IL-2 the same time frame before I give up on it.

I don't believe the guy running around the forums posing as a 505 employee. If you want to believe him and abandon the game, go ahead. I'll buy your copy for cheap and give it to one of the guys on my squad that wants to play but can't afford it.

In the meantime there are plenty of us still playing. Sure it may be hard to find matches 24hrs a day, but this ain't Halo. If you cant find a match at noon on Sunday it doesnt mean the game is dead, it means that people go to church, eat lunch, or have something better to do on a Sunday afternoon. When you get on and can't find a match, HOST ONE. I can say with great confidence that you aren't the only player on the planet looking for a match.

If you love the game but feel you can't play a fair game until the patch comes out, find players that fly with a crash ethic and fly with them. I know plenty of players that will hold their plane up long enough for you to get your kill. If you are in a squad but holding off on challenges because of crashing, lets play a match and declare the winner by number of deaths instead of kills. Also, some of the most fun I've had in this game is getting together with squad mates and doing some free flight. We do ATC, formation flying, touch & go's or just fly around and talk.

Sorry for another patch post, but I feel like speculation and misinformation on these forums is hurting the game as much as the lack of a patch.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:40 PM
Approved Member

+1

Everything im thinking right there ^
Old 11-03-2009, 05:55 PM
Approved Member

there we go !
so there are still positive minded people on here , good to see that.

I'll be waiting as long as I have to. I will be playing 1946, but I wont destroy my BOP game disk , so I will be ready for BOP whenever a patch comes out.

(unless storm of war releases before the BOP patch )
Old 11-03-2009, 05:55 PM
Approved Member

Draux man, give me a shout if you see me online, quite fancy a bit of formation flying, stunts, no guns stuff just for a change. Prob be on tonight for a bit...
Old 11-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Approved Member

Default PC vs. console

I don't know about you, but I sure would have liked to have known that this game was in this state upon release.

I paid full price for it, based upon the positive reviews -- which didn't delve into the issues we're facing. "Emperor's New Clothes" syndrome, anyone?

If I had known it would take 2 months or 3 months or 6 months or whatever, I would have held off this purchase and got it on the bargain rack, which is straight where this one is going.

PC gaming is a little more forgiving with the release / patch timeframe because fixes can be distributed more rapidly. As a primary console gamer, I have no patience in this respect. The game should be serviceable upon release; that is the standard of care, IMHO.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorgothNL View Post
there we go !
so there are still positive minded people on here , good to see that.

I'll be waiting as long as I have to. I will be playing 1946, but I wont destroy my BOP game disk , so I will be ready for BOP whenever a patch comes out.

(unless storm of war releases before the BOP patch )
Indeed, After the death of my laptop last year i couldnt play any more 1946

I was in effect 'Heartbroken' but ive just today bought it online and am downloading it right now, ive avoided doing this for a while now as i was uncertain if it would work on my PC as it is a bit outdated.

i downloaded the demo for the earlier Il-2 Sturmovik yesterday and it ran ok, so i just thought what the hell.

But hey ho worth a shot
Old 11-03-2009, 06:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnaught_ View Post
I don't know about you, but I sure would have liked to have known that this game was in this state upon release.

I paid full price for it, based upon the positive reviews -- which didn't delve into the issues we're facing. "Emperor's New Clothes" syndrome, anyone?

If I had known it would take 2 months or 3 months or 6 months or whatever, I would have held off this purchase and got it on the bargain rack, which is straight where this one is going.

PC gaming is a little more forgiving with the release / patch timeframe because fixes can be distributed more rapidly. As a primary console gamer, I have no patience in this respect. The game should be serviceable upon release; that is the standard of care, IMHO.
I agree. As awesome is the ability to patch a game after release is, lately it seems like its being used as a crutch to rush a game out and then fix it later.
I'm just trying to let people know that a game can survive coming out broken and then getting fixed as much as 6 months later.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:47 PM
Approved Member

Great post draux…you can shoot me down anytime…oh, that’s right…you already do…lol
Old 11-03-2009, 08:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by draux View Post
I agree. As awesome is the ability to patch a game after release is, lately it seems like its being used as a crutch to rush a game out and then fix it later.
I'm just trying to let people know that a game can survive coming out broken and then getting fixed as much as 6 months later.
This is a common occurrence with most publishers.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:24 AM
Approved Member

Thank god there's a little ray of positivity at last!! Anyone that still plays this game on xbl please add me: ontheborderland

I'm still up for matches or free flight or whatever.