Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Assault Squad

Men of War: Assault Squad Sequel to the critically acclaimed real-time tactics game Men of War

Old 07-01-2012, 11:47 AM
Registered Member

Unhappy Men of War: Assault Squad crashing

Win 7, nvidia210, 2 gb RAM, game version 2.05.13. Game crashing on connecting to multiplayer, loading some maps and missions in singleplayer.
Loading "[USA] Carentan", for example:

Log:
Code:
Product: Men of War: Assault Squad - v2.05.13 - standard
Build: 2012.06.02 18:11 - 0x00000000
Total video memory reported: 1284505600
Local video memory detected: 1288175616
Repository: 123039 resources
[00:00:19] Using bump material on non-bump geometry. Bump disabled. (/entity/construction/entourage/crate6/crate6.def/crate6.mdl, 57)
Remap actor_id universal[10001]to 10003
Remap actor_id platform[10005]to 10011
Remap actor_id steam_locomotive[10006]to 10016
Remap actor_id tendor[10007]to 10017
Remap actor_id tradevan_big[10008]to 10018
Tried to set video setting to minimum, add game to antivirus exclusions, delete game folder in My documents, reinstall game and patch, etc. And nothing. Any ideas?
Old 07-02-2012, 01:50 AM
Approved Member

That error actually is related to things that have wrong version of entities or mods.... you have no mods loaded? or have you ever modded your game or edited game files?

Make sure you have the right patch. If you have non GOTY version of the game then u get this http://www.1cfiles.com/MoWAS_patch/m...05.13-full.zip

If you have GOTY version of the game then you get this http://www.1cfiles.com/MoWAS_patch/m...en-2.05.13.zip

Also if you ever used steam or can use it you can register your game with steam in most cases using the gamespy cd key that came with your game, through steam game would update and verify itself automatically.

Make sure you have no mods loaded, reboot, if that doesnt help uninstall the game and manually check the files are all gone(directory where the game files were). Then reinstall the game and apply proper patch.

Skirmishes/Missions by DJSatane
Old 09-22-2012, 12:52 AM
Registered Member

Unhappy Same issue

I have a downloaded non-steam version of the game (not GOTY).
No mods, no edits. Its pure.

I have Win7 64 bit OS, 16 GIG RAM.
Cannot load Carentan in skirmish.
Uninstalled, deleted all "mygames" files-reinstalled.
Tried patched to v13 and patch#14.
Set video to minimal settings (although I have GTX 560's in SLI so.....)
Nothing works.

Tarawa and Overlord ran fine though.

Help!!!
Old 09-22-2012, 07:00 AM
Approved Member

Where did u buy it from? You obviously have a problem with a patch possibly being used on wrong version of the game somehow and some files are not updated. Best solution would be to use the gamespy cd key that you have with the game and register it with steam.

Skirmishes/Missions by DJSatane
Old 09-22-2012, 01:20 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsatane View Post
Where did u buy it from? You obviously have a problem with a patch possibly being used on wrong version of the game somehow and some files are not updated. Best solution would be to use the gamespy cd key that you have with the game and register it with steam.
I bought it from here: http://www.gamesrocket.com/PC-Mac/

I applied only the mow-as-update-setup-en-2.05.13-full patch (not the GOTY version of patch), then the mow-as-update-setup-en-2.05.14-small.exe patch.

After crash I uninstalled all and tried only the 2.05.13 patch 1st - same result. Then added the .14 - same result.

I'll try to activate it on Steam and report back.

Thanks.

Last edited by geo686; 09-22-2012 at 01:23 PM.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:45 PM
Registered Member

Thumbs up Steam

Activating it through Steam resolved the problem.
Thanks!

Word for others on this:
The "key code" it wants from your standalone version is the one the game calls
""Multi-player" key, not the one you used to activate the game stand alone (without Steam).

I really wanted this outside of Steam as I bought it but oh well.

Thanks for the help!
Old 09-22-2012, 03:54 PM
Registered Member

Thumbs up Local copy plays outside of Steam

After playing in Steam I copied the steam files inside
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Men of War Assault Squad"
and over-wrote the local install in "C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Company\Men of War. Assault Squad" I had and now the local copy plays outside of Steam.

I did NOT copy the mow_assault_squad.exe or the mow_assault_squad_ed.exe since I was sure those were Steam specific. I was correct.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:57 PM
Approved Member

oh man wait... Have you patched by steam and then used steam files for already installed non steam version and it works? Do I understand well? If yes, how your multiplayer works? And what files exactly have you taken from steam aps?
Old 09-23-2012, 07:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VashCZ View Post
oh man wait... Have you patched by steam and then used steam files for already installed non steam version and it works? Do I understand well? If yes, how your multiplayer works? And what files exactly have you taken from steam aps?
Yes, I activated, downloaded and played briefly by steam and then copied steam files for the already installed non steam version and it works.
I copied/overwrote all files except the "mow_assault_squad.exe" and the mow_assault_squad_ed.exe, since I noticed the files sizes were different I expected Steam version to have a special exe. I guessed right.

I have NOT tried multi-player yet.
As long as you don't uninstall the Steam APPS files you have nothing to lose trying.
The Steam copy still plays in Steam, although I don't play it through Steam now .

Last edited by geo686; 09-23-2012 at 07:27 PM.