Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:29 PM
Registered Member

Default Can someone help me please.

I recently bought a copy of Sturmovik 1946 and it works well both in single player as in multiplayer but i have one big problem and that is that i cant see briefing or targets on the map right after i select the plane, as in the blue field is empty.

I read about similar problem with users that bought the game from Stea but thats it since i bought my game from a online gamestore called GOG.com.
When i install the game it saves itself in C:program files in a folder called GOG.com , does anyone here know what might be wrog and how i can fix it?
Old 10-30-2012, 09:52 PM
Approved Member

I betcha that GOG just copied the whole thing from Steam and that it's missing the very same directories that Steam was and thus it suffers from the same problem.

Here's the guide: http://www.mission4today.com/index.p...kid=628&page=1

Replace Steam with GOG and go from there. The details should be identical. Insert the missing folders and you should be on your way.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:50 AM
Approved Member

The solution is that nobody should ever buy the game off Steam or from any other software download company. Buy yourself a good old-fashioned DVD hard-copy from a retailer or off Ebay etc..

I can not imagine what sort of junk Steam installs on your computer whenever you have any dealings with them, let alone any other similar service. Half the reason computers have to be made so much more powerful every year is so they can still run half-way decently after idiots load them up with Gigabytes of third-party crap-ware like Steam every time they want to do anything.

If you end up getting this sim free in some way and you like it so much it becomes part of your life, then send Oleg the money directly that you would have given Steam etc..
Old 10-31-2012, 01:46 PM
Approved Member

What would be this direct channel?

Buy a disc set and Oleg gets what the publisher can't percent him out of.

I would much rather have discs but hey it would be nice to have a direct line to support those I feel should be most. IL-2 1946 is less than $10 that I remember paying around $40 for -- if I could send another $10 to the current crew or DT there have been times I gladly would have, know what I mean?
Old 10-31-2012, 02:13 PM
Approved Member

I know exactly what you mean ... I bought every disc from IL2 up to and including 46.. and I bought multiple copies of some as gifts for people..

Joe let us know if you got your issue resolved or not..
Old 10-31-2012, 04:44 PM
Registered Member

In my defence i have all the IL2 Sturmovik sims (Box version) that have come out on Pc exept Cliffs of Dover but few days ago my Dvd disc player broke down, suddenly just stopped working, still saving up to buy new one next month but i coulnt think about being without the 1946 multiplayer so i bought this copy from that GoG store since it was very cheap in the Icelandic currency.
But great advice, you were right with this company copying the Steam version, just needed to make a Net/cache folder and it works now, thanx!

Last edited by PastorJoe85; 10-31-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old 06-09-2024, 12:17 PM
Approved Member

Default Re:

Such problems are frustrating and people do not know what to do if they are not having any online forum resources to discuss the issue with the people who are already using the game. In this discussion we can Learn more on this issue and the way how we can resolve it.