View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 04:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crni vuk View Post
it doesnt happen that frequently though. Never loost my tracks cause of 50cals or soviet Dshks. 20mm guns, thats a different story. But the trick is you have to get quite close to have a clear shoot at it. And the vehicle is most of the time loost afterwards.

He shells particularly of biger size should definetly damage the tracks. At the moment I even think they dont do enough damage, considering the powerfull nature of 150mm and biger calibers they should have a fair chance to harm the crew inside a tank cause of shock !

It was many times a used tactic by allied troops to take out the tracks of the enemy armor particularly with heavy vehicles and simply flank the imobilized tank or even simply leave the target to the air force or shell it to death with artillery. Many German vehicles probably meet their fate not by enemy anti tank guns but by planes and artillery.

I am glad that you can take of tracks from vehicles. Otherwise taking out heavy axis armor would be a almost impossible task. Particularly weapons like the Sturmtiger or Jagdtiger.
I dont want de-tracking to be impossible just harder to bedone by smaller caliber weapons like 50cals 20mms. It should be able to be done by direct hits from large calibers like 75's and up. That makes more sense, but now you can hit a tank w/ a few 50 rounds and it falls off.