View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 06:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Knight View Post
Because they look like sketches, at least in the demo I played. They are different than what KB looks like. They need balance (not game balance, but visual balance) and lots of well-thought small details and locations, etc. This is a very important aspect when creating a game. The KB games' places (maybe except KB: DS a little) had a very harmonious look to them, which I didn't find in any fan-made map (including the demo). I know you've put a lot of work in scripting and other stuff, but how the maps looked made me just totally flip after hearing all the praise.

Also, on vk.com, you said you managed to edit 3D models (and thus technically creating new models). What I asked was if you were gonna add totally new creatures with models created by your team or imported from other sources.
Perhaps you are confusing me with someone else. I did not say that I edited new models. I know for sure that it is impossible to do this (with the exception of changing the textures)

Regarding the design of locations - it is final and nothing will change. The fact that you did not get the necessary atmosphere is a purely personal matter, since we are not developers of design bureaus, and we have our own vision of what locations should be. They are completely satisfied with us.

UPD:
I just looked at the demo you played (link in 1 post). And I must say that there is a very old demo. We changed some locations, and if you read some rave reviews, then most likely it’s the new demo (it is constantly updated by VK). But even with this in mind, you will not see the atmosphere that you expect. (The atmosphere of KB is still a loose concept).

Last edited by Aelihel; 04-12-2020 at 06:55 PM.