View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 12:02 PM
Registered Member

Oh, very good point! Thank you very much, I guess I'd assumed the G36KE and G36E were the same, but that makes more sense. =p Thanks!

And also, thank you very much for telling me about the INI there, but I can't seem to find some of the Mercs, like Spartan and Dimwit and such. I assume they're there somewhere, right?

Edit; Ahah! I found it. Searching the ActorsINI for 'Mercenary' shows all the mercenaries, or at least the default ones. There's a total of 32 files with Mercenary in it, one of which is 'Player7' for some reason. So I believe that answers my question for the most part, thank you again!

Edit2; I have another question, actually... in the Mercenary files, there are a few stats that don't seem to apply in game, and most of them are labeled 0 anyways, except one. They are LRK, TMP, LED, CHA, & TRD, with STH having a value. I can't seem to figure out what these are... do you guys know?

Edit3: Erm... another problem. I'm doing the first stuff, just got my first gun, and am trying to do the shootout with the four bandits. For some reason though, it seems to crash every so often while trying it (Which is pretty difficult- always seem to get shot in the head by that last fellow) so it's a bit inconvenient. I haven't modified anything in the game yet, so I don't think I did anything wrong.

Edit4: Alright, LAST question, then I'll cool it for a while. =p How does one go about editing the portraits and models of characters, as well as their background and what they say? I realize that these things are much more complicated, but I have a fellow here willing to modify the models for me for a special game I'm going to be running, and we need to figure out how. The editing of what the mercs say, I imagine, would be a matter of making new .wav files and editing the SUBTITLES config, right? Anyways, thanks again for the help, guys. If I can figure out how to work all this stuff I'd be willing to help you guys with your mod if you need the help. I would also like to edit how much they cost, and maybe scale their weapon loadouts and costs to the current CGL level, but I'm not sure how to go about either.

Last edited by Aderas; 11-25-2009 at 11:47 AM.