View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 01:13 AM
Approved Member

After all time spent on this game, i came to conclusion that this is game of numbers, possibilities and percentages. Early game absolute bonus is much better then %bonus : +250/+500 leadership banner regalia is great at start, but later lets say -20% lds requirements for whole demon race gives you 25% larger demon army to lead. But it`s useless if you want to play elf build, so it all also depends of situation you`re in and what is you`re play style.
So i`ll compare this 2 units in my way of viewing : alchem 18% more Lds, 20% more Hp, lower attack, but much higher defense. With high poison up to 3 units hit area dmg are great vs all units except plants/undead but gain no bonuses from any skills/items and have horrible crit%, cannoners on other hand physical dmg, bonus from quick draw for archers, and archer crit% items, and 2x dmg to towers, so they are great in item suppressing battles. In pure numbers alchem win - higher stats, easier to keep alive, higher dmg output overall(give them fire breath spell and see great dmg), cannoner are like special assignment unit - for item battles, and for full archer 100% crit build.
All in all my vote goes to alchem ( every game i played first thing i do is go to swamps and buy all available alchemists from dwarf alchemist laboratory, because they are probably best 4th lvl unit available at that time).