View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 01:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leith View Post
Greetings everyone!

Being a veteran player of KO2, I wonder if KO3 bears many similarities. I will start by pointing out the pros and cons of KO2:

Pros
----

high replayability; playing a different character out of the six available ones can make the gaming experience substantially different, e.g playing as Ratibore or Anastasia.

Many interesting quests and very heated battles. In fact at the lower levels, even for experienced gamers, battles can be quite tough. Until you learn the value of tactics and strategy, you aren't likely to go far.

Cons
-----

The inability to directly influence the outcome of the battles between your settlement and the Ruler's soldiers. You are simply told about the result of the fight. That's quite inadequate.

More variety of weapons and armour would have been nice.

The pathetically easy fight of the endgame.

I am now waiting for you to let me know of the pros and cons of KO3

Thank you very much
High replayability: seems not, all characters start in the same city.

Intresting quests: yee I find them more intresting than konung 2.

Heated battles: not so much, pretty easy, and you can even switch on "Easy fights" in game options.

The inability to directly influence the outcome of the battles between your settlement and enemies: even worse now, you will get no message if your camp have been slaugthered by spiders or bandits :p lol (so you have to pick up loads of guards to your city to be on the safe side)

Weapons and armor: well all the old once from konung 2 seems to be here, and a few new.

What I dont like about konung 3:

No elixir of wisdom.
you cant conqueror villages by force. (you culd in Konung 1)
You cant pick up anyone you whold like to your force, only spesific NPCs.
Poision dissapairs by its self, so you dont have to prepare yourself with antidote before fighting poisiones beasts.

and crappier music in my opinion. and no voices from NPCs in the english version.

But I reccomend it if you liked Konung 1 and 2

Last edited by sigmar; 07-20-2010 at 02:13 PM.