Thread: Bugs Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 07:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelotcrusade View Post
RE diplomacy, is that how the test says it's supposed to work? Because it if it was, then you'd only be able to use it when you're armies were less than full (and I don't know about you, I'm always "full" if possible). Seems to me if it's working as intended then what you're supposed to do is visit a garrison before the next combat so you can save the extra troops. I suppose they could at least go into open/eligible reinforcement slots. Anyway, not sure if this is a bug vs. working as intended. Perhaps add to the suggestions thread?
The skill specifically says if you don't have the leadership to recruit a unit, it will make them desert instead. Currently, it only does this if you don't have a SLOT for the unit. If you have that type of unit in your army, but it is full, it will add to the full stack and give you an 'underled' stack.

Diplomacy is still useful for convincing some portion of the enemy to desert, even if the 'join' function doesn't work properly. The main issue is that your guy will recruit to a stack that's already full, and then you will immediately go into the battle with a stack that is no longer under your control. This is especially vicious if you choose to have one of your barbarians rage, because they will immediately charge your own (no longer led) group and attack it. I can't imagine this was intended, and if it is, they need to redesign the skill to not screw you over when it's used.

I wouldn't mind so much if this was a skill you could skip, but half of the green skill tree requires putting at least one point in this skill.

Last edited by Chro; 10-27-2012 at 07:46 PM.