Thread: Hints & Tips
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 10:29 PM
Approved Member

I just wanted to add a couple things about the latest version (1.06)

1. the pipe/heavy pipe and scope money trick doesn't work anymore but it is still extremely useful to have 150 in trading since you can basically "rent" equipment. and money by this point should be rolling in just from selling guns/armor from map quests.

2. The grenade trick doesn't work so well anymore, you'll usually just get a game over if you throw a grenade to close to a guard/overseer, even if you are stealthed. However, I was able to get 6 Kain MG's from the cannibal village by using molotov cocktails _near_ the guards and lighting them on fire. It takes about 5-6 for each guard and I'd highly advise saving before starting the toss and in between each grenade as sometimes they will go hostile or you'll get a game over. The trick is to throw them far enough away to avoid this but still catch them in the fire DOT. I also hit the stealth button immediately after each throw, not sure if you have to do this but I did. the guns are 9mm and awesome but require a 7 str, so either use liftjack for your other 2 guys or sell them for over 600K each.

I also used this method to get the Achtungs from the 4 guys at the cannibal entrance map, they are actually a little easier and can sometimes be killed with a grenade launcher. The guns are uber but aren't as useful with an 8 str requirement and limited ammo but with trade at 150 they sell for 900k which makes a nice way to upgrade your Kains (1 mil each but makes Kain nearly equal to the power of Achtung) and/or increase Sullen and Kruger's str so they can use Kains too (if you just want to mow everything down).

3. Other than coaches another easy way to get a few extra skill points after 100 (since it's a 2/1 ratio after 100) is to let your guy get critical damage or wear something that lowers stats before spending points. If you have a 100 in something and it goes down to 92 after a crit, spend 8 points to get it to 100 then heal and it will be at 108 (saving you 8 points). This works with the curiass and stealing. wearing it brings your 100 to 70, spend 30 points while wearing it and then take it off and you'll be at 130, saving you 30 points.

Just fyi, if you enjoy looting and struggling to get that next upgrade or don't like cheating or messing with game balance don't do #2.

Last edited by vistarnh; 05-21-2011 at 04:17 PM.