View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 03:41 AM
Approved Member

Question What exactly counts as an animal & humanoid? And other questions.

For the sake of the blue dragon pets ability, the Voice of the Dragon skill and perhaps other "animal" things what exactly counts as an animal? At first I thought bears, wolves and hyenas etc. (traditional animals) only, but then I realized that whole race field is called animals, so does a Demonologist count as an animal for the sake of any spell/skill/talent etc.?
Are all instances where "animal" is the target for a skill/talent etc. the same, that is: are the same set of "animal" units affected any time the designation "animal" is used?

For the Demoness talent Charm what exactly counts as a humanoid (is a demonologist an animal & a humanoid)? I've been unable to use the talent on some units that were to me clearly humanoid (can't remember the specifics). I assume the Dryads Charm affects the exact same unit set as the Demoness Charm? Also assume the Demoness & Dryad Beautiful ability affects the same unit set?

For any future KBAP patch/mods I'd recommend listing each and every affected unit in the talent/skill description for all talent/skills etc.

Would also like to know things such as the exact % chance of successfully paralyzing each target level with Beholders/Evil Beholders. Also is it the same for both, I assumed the Evil Beholder got a better chance to paralyze than the regular Beholder?

Exactly what spells are Demons, Undead and Plants immune to? I've noticed I can't use heal on Demons and Heal damages Undead (can be frustrating but a good challenge variable). A specific list would be nice (should be listed in game under each units details imo).
Is there any way to heal Undead units, or is the idea that they are doomed to go towards decay?

Some items and spells affect "archers". For all the items/spells that affect archers is the affected unit set the same for all? Are those affected units the ones that have the designation "archer" listed under their abilities?
I seem to remember finding some discrepancy here, I think some unit was listed as archer but wasn't affected by some item or spell, or perhaps some unit that didn't have archer listed was affected. My memory could be mistaken.

How much % defense against physical attacks is provided in the 1st round for level 1 Caution? It reads 15% for level 2 but nothing for level 1. Is it that the 1st round %def bonus only starts to appear when upgraded to level 2 and at level 1 you only get +1 def. ?

A final word on these matters would be nice if anyone knows for sure the exact specific details.

Last edited by WhYdOyOuThInKtHaThApPeNeD; 02-08-2010 at 05:23 AM.