View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 09:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin Wizard View Post
No offense but saying that soldiers look small because we can't move camera low enough (as in the other game) is not the best way to compare things.
Thats not really what I meant. The point with the camera is that, moving it lower will make a unit look bigger (Which makes sense because if you crouch and looks at another person, he/she would look bigger). It was not really my intention to compare it, just giving it as example for what might be "wrong" (dont misunderstand) with the "small" units.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin Wizard View Post
Technically speaking - I doubt that something like general scale factor for all game models exist (correct me if I'm wrong). So if you significantly change the size of a soldier it means that you have to change size of all objects to make the whole game looks "on scale" and believable (e.g. knights can't ride ponies). It needs a lot of work and time. IMHO the devs can better spend this time creating some new content rather than working on a cosmetic changes like the size of a soldier.
Yes that's also what I meant. (The reason why I asked if it works). So basically, it doesn't work, because it'd take a lot of time, and not even I think it's worth it. The developers have done a great job, and this is something they can think on when making their next strategy title
And a bit more loose formations.