View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 10:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano View Post
Think most of you have missed the point here, play has, as you all point out, in the past made wild guesses and adjusted the release date numerous times, however they have never once in all that time emailed anybody with a pre-order to tell tham that the manufacturer has given them updated information as they have just done so with SoW. I seriously doubt that they've made it up as a joke and as such the only logical conclusion to draw is that somebody somewhere in the publisher's employ has updated them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJWest View Post
If you want to believe that, Dano, it's fine with me. Just don't claim that it is "the only logical conclusion to draw". It isn't. They've been touting for preorders on the basis of dubious release dates before, so why should it be any different now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano View Post
Because they actually bothered emailing and not just changing the dates as per usual.
All that tells me Dano is they have a new marketing director or some other such staff change. For all we know every pre-order for the last year that they have adjusted the release date for has had that same form email sent out, but SoW hasn't been adjusted since they changed their policies. They have no information, hell, they can't even get the NAME of the damn game right, Il2 is and will be nowhere in the title of this game, they have FAKE box art up on their page, the email is 100% form letter. There is nothing to see here and frankly I wouldn't believe a damn thing play.com says based solely on their very questionable pre-order practices.

Gamestracker says Nov 1st 2010.

IGN says TBA 2010.

Gamershell still says Nov 2006.

Tothegame.com says it's cancelled.

GamesRadar says 2007.

Gamefaqs has two dates posted, 2006 and 6/01/2009.

Do you see where I'm going? No one knows and anyone who claims to know is probably a liar.