View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 04:56 PM
Registered Member

1. There are 60+ star systems. I was thinking about neutral deep-space outposts for refueling, trading, repairing... These places cannot be captured, though occasional raids may occur. They should last about a month and then the attackers leave.
2. Planetary battles are hard at the start. What about a few minutes of not being detected? It could end by a timer or by guns(when the robots meet and exchange ammo ). I think moving to the sides while facing the enemy would be a blessing.
3. There is not enough space in the ship for profitable trading. I was thinking about cargo drones. It would be much like that flying robot in the cargo bay. Compact, fast, powerful, landing on planets simultaneously with me. Imagine after a battle you send out two drones and pack it with loot, well actually connect everything to it, because it is supposed to be only an engine with 'hooks'. These drones could make piracy more interesting. Also they should be upgradeable with new engines and if disabled in a fight they eject all the cargo they have and you can pick up and repair them later so you don't have to buy new ones every time.
4. When I manage to damage a pirate ship, it runs away from a decent fight, lands on a planet to repairs itself. Do I really have to chase PIRATES??? A transport ship I understand but a PIRATE??? They really should risk more than the paint on their ships. Give them some balls .
5. All the equipment, their interesting names... At least one sentence about everything like how it works and not just damage, range, price. It's not too much to ask.

These suggestions are not that time consuming but could make the game far more interesting. A new type of 'star' system - copy, remove everything, add a station, remove conquer, add timed raid option. Planetary battles - add a timer and damage switch for detection. Cargo drones - copy that flying robot, change model, remove guns, always follow + 'go,land,follow me' commands, after HP drops, eject cargo hold, ready for pick up. Pirate tactics - higher chance of not running away from a fight like a rabbit.
I know it seems too much but it is not. Really. I know the very basics of programming and this is mostly just changing numbers on already existing objects and making a few new connections to the same procedures.
I hope I haven't written all this for nothing.