View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 12:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCfalcon View Post

I've heard a few people talk about it needing to be fixed up some. What are the common complaints? Because it seems to be about what I expected (big, tough, not very graceful and with a lot of things that go boom). I think it could be a little tougher, since sometimes it seems to die easier than it should. Turning seems about right though. It turns about as well as a 190, maybe just a hair worse because of the extra mass.

hey ... im one of those complainers .
What difficulty do you play on I wonder?

I play sim mostly. you say it is 'little less effective in dogfight'. I really ahd to laugh at that one . It is just unflyable in dogfight . Its turning rate is wayyyy bigger than the 190s. It certainly can not outrun many planes, maybe in the first seconds of a dive, but even the spits will catch up with you. Mainly because they can maintain the dive much longer, because the P-47 has to pull up at 1000ft, just to not hit the ground.

I really DO agree with its deadly potential in strike. I dont have the B-17 yet, but the P-47 does a better job than most bombers. Not as well as the B-17, but if the B-17 guy is not 100% accurate with his bombs, you can beat him with the P-47 .

I have used it a few times in CTA as well. It sure does work depending on your role. Because it is so rugged, it is a good plane to land (its also easy to land). it has nice bombs, but because of its turn, you normally only get 1 chance to drop you bombs.. you wont have time for a 180. (if you throw them, the 1000lbs will most likely kill, but sometimes you are too low, and the bombs dont drop, then you are in trouble).
I prefer for instance the spit XVI. It has perfect dogfight capabilitys to keep people from landing in the first place. And its 250lbs bombs will do the job as well. BUT i can understand that someone likes it in CTA . It is a stable landing and bombing platform.

I just dont agree for even 1%, that it is 'little less effective in dogfights'.It is a complete incapable dogfighter if you ask me. It is not fast enough to zoom. The enemy will outrun you, or you will be closing very slowly. If he decides to turn even just a little, you will not be able to follow. Same with a climb, if he climbs, you will not be able to make the same steep angle, and you wont be able to maintain a climb for long. The P-47 is a nice plane for strike, but even the very broken P-51, will be able to outdogfight is every time.

Not bitching on your post . Its just, that this guide is meant for newbies, and reading the P-47 post, would suggest that it is a very capable dogfighter. Wich is just really isnt

If you disagree with my post, dont be angry , Im not saying that my opinion is fact .

EDIT: I see I put a nice amount of smileys in that post ^^

Last edited by MorgothNL; 10-11-2009 at 12:15 PM.